Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Toronto Maple Leafs

jedi17
    jedi17

Toronto Maple Leafs  Empty Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by jedi17 Fri 10 Mar 2017, 8:08 pm

Marner carrying Leafs into the Hurricane
    March 10, 2017, 10:22 AM ET [399 Comments]
    Lucas Neilson
    Toronto Maple Leafs  Tor Toronto Maple Leafs Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    One of the best decisions made by Maple Leafs management this season was to stick with Mitch Marner staying up with the big club. Right now each and every point the Leafs can acquire is huge for their playoff run. Mitch Marner’s skill set is so unbelievable; this kid can make something out of nothing at any given moment versus any team or defender. And yes, he is just nineteen years old and 170 pounds soaking wet.  

The rookie sensation now has 53 points in 61 games and has five points in his last four games as Toronto is beginning to pick up some momentum down the final stretch. He’s already a key piece to this team and you can bet over the year’s when the Leafs are cookin’ along he will only improve his production. Last night Marner showed some patience, skill and found a soft spot as he buried the game winner passed Neuvirth on the power play. It was a huge goal for Marner and the Maple Leafs as it gave them a little bit of a cushion as the game was winding down.

It was somewhat of a nail biter as the game wound down but the Dream (Kadri) buried a clutch empty netter to let us fans breath again. A solid play by Kadri as he ensured he got the red line to avoid icing in case he missed the net, but with a no doubter he put the puck right in the middle of the net and that was pretty much the end of the Flyers, adios!

A monstrous two points for the Leafs and the streak begins.

You’d have thought we had a hurricane in Southern Ontario the other day with the 100+ km/h winds. Saturday night the Leafs will venture to Carolina to face-off against the Hurricanes and will be looking for their third straight win and another vital two points will be on the table. 

Do you still have faith in a playoff run? Because you should, the boys are looking solid right now and Babcock is doing a hell of a good job coaching. He’s working hard at getting the matchups he wants and inserting the players he wants for faceoffs and offensive/defensive zone situations. Babcock is the type of coach who is ready for the game at 8am and he prepares himself all day so he’s ready for anything and everything that the opposition throws at him.

We’ve seen the Leafs newest recruit Brian Boyle taking some key face-offs and quickly scurrying back to the bench after a successful draw is won. It’s brilliant is what it is, everyone has a role and right now Babs is playing each of his players to their strength giving the Leafs the best chance to win as possible.

One point back of the Islanders, two points back of Boston but a game in hand. That’s all I am looking at right now as the boys are trending up and staying in the hunt. It’s exciting is what it is, this Leafs team is not only exciting, but quite possible one of the most electric teams in the NHL to watch.

Fans of other teams enjoy the new look Leafs, fans that don’t even like the Maple Leafs. They just can’t dislike guys like Marner, Matthews, Nylander; they are something special to watch. If it was up to me, all three would be in the blue and white until they can no longer play in the NHL. That’s the type of team I want to be cheering for, one that loves playing in Toronto and one that has the dedication and commitment to be a winning franchise for years to come.

Carolina is 27-27-10 and are 10 points back of the Maple Leafs. Realistically they are not all that far back, but with a limited number of games left obviously the odds of them catching up are pretty slim. The Leafs need to come out the gates Saturday night with the guns a blazin’ and pop a quick goal to set the tone in the early going.

Next week Toronto will play Florida, Tampa Bay and Chicago. Let’s hope they are carrying over a three game winning streak when they venture to Florida to claw back at the Panthers.

Enjoy your weekend and hopefully another big victory!

Thanks for reading.

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 10:49 pm