Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Ottawa Senators

jedi17
    jedi17

Ottawa Senators Empty Ottawa Senators

Post by jedi17 Mon 03 Apr 2017, 8:01 pm

Game Day: Senators @ Red Wings - White debut overshadowed by pressure
    April 3, 2017, 10:42 AM ET [11 Comments]
    Jared Crozier
    Ottawa Senators Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    There are a number of storylines heading into the Senators' Monday night game in Detroit that will open up the final week of the season. Some good, some bad and some ugly.

Ottawa is on a slide of epic proportions that predates the injuries to Erik Karlsson and Marc Methot, and they certainly haven't helped matters. Tonight's game marks the fifth game on their five game road trip and they are still looking for their first win.

Colin White could be in the lineup for the Ottawa Senators tonight, which would mark his much anticipated NHL debut after signing his Entry Level contract on Sunday. Temper your expectations as to what he will bring, but he can add some spark and enthusiasm to a lineup that is greatly in need of it after the last couple of games.

It is not expected that Erik Karlsson will be able to play, which means that recalled Ben Harpur will also join the lineup tonight. If I am Dion Phaneuf, I am wrapping myself in bubble wrap tonight so he can avoid the injury bug that continues to strike the Senators top 4 defensemen. This rash of injuries reminds me of the Simpsons episode with the Softball ringers joining the Nuclear Power Plant team...

``Unless, of course, my nine all-stars fall victim to nine separate
    misfortunes and are unable to play tomorrow. But that will never happen.
    Three misfortunes, that's possible. Seven misfortunates, there's an
    outside chance. But nine misfortunes? I'd like to see that!'' - Monty Burns

What could be next for the Senators, at a time when things probably appear worse than they are? Sure, they have fallen to the 2nd Wild Card spot, but they still hold 2 games in hand on the Bruins (trailing them by a single point) with a head to head matchup on Wednesday.

Their magic number, so to speak, sits at 5 points. where any combination of Senators gain or Tampa dropping points that equals 5 will clinch the Senators a playoff spot. Boston also plays Tampa tomorrow night, and the Bolts also play the Leafs in their following game. Toronto has a daunting schedule, with the Bolts, Capitals, Penguins and Blue Jackets after their matchup with Buffalo tonight.

Ottawa has by far the most favorable schedule over the last week, and don't need to run the table but if they can claw together five or six points they will not only make the playoffs, but should also avoid the Wild Card and a meeting with the league leading Capitals in the first round.

Getting those 5 or 6 points might be easier said than done with the blue line they are icing, but the onus will be on either Craig Anderson or Mike Condon to step up and cover any mistakes the young defense corps will make. I am not sure at this point which one I would start, but I would guess it will be Anderson getting the call.

Tonight will mark the last visit by the Senators to Joe Louis Arena, but that will be far from top of mind of the players, who will have to show some desperation and a complete game from the four forward units to play well in their own end to also help out the defensemen who will for the most part be playing out of their depth.

Detroit has lost three in a row, including Saturday night when the Leafs beat them 5-4 to move into a virtual tie with Ottawa for (at the time) second place in the division.

It is still not quite time to panic, but it could be getting close.

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 8:09 pm