Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Calgary Flames

jedi17
    jedi17

Calgary Flames  Empty Calgary Flames

Post by jedi17 Thu 20 Apr 2017, 8:06 pm

A bitter ending
    April 20, 2017, 10:55 AM ET [136 Comments]
    Todd Cordell
    Calgary Flames Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddCordell

The Calgary Flames' season reached its end last night in disappointing fashion as they were swept out of the playoffs, in their own building no less, by the Anaheim Ducks.

The Ducks came out with purpose and looked like the team that was fighting for their playoff lives. The Ducks out-chanced the Flames 9-3 at 5v5 in the opening frame and were completely deserving of the early two-goal lead, even though spotty goaltending from Calgary helped their cause.

In a lot of ways, Game 4 summed up the series as a whole. For the third time in four games, the Flames fell behind the 8-ball early and failed to recover. John Gibson stopped almost everything that came his way and looked pretty near unbeatable while the Flames allowed some weak/fluky goals that ended up being the difference.

The Flames also failed to score a 5v5 goal and, despite recording 91 scoring 5v5 chances, finished with just two goals in that game state while the Ducks managed nine.

Calgary had nothing go their way in this series and with even a little luck things would be a lot different. That's not reality, though.

Simply put, the Ducks made the most of their chances -- poor goaltending certainly helped -- and the Flames consistently came up with nothing to show for all the chances they mustered up.

This is a horrible way to end a season and will undoubtedly leave a bad taste in the mouths of management, coaches, players, and all involved.

That said, the Flames had a good season and overall it should be looked at as a success.

Some changes need to be made, which I'll talk about a lot over the next couple months, but there is a lot to like about this team moving forward.

They'll be back.

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 4:36 pm