Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The Big Wobble

Lobo
    Lobo

The Big Wobble Empty The Big Wobble

Post by Lobo Fri 12 May 2017, 5:05 pm

Another algae bloom responsible for the death of thousands of fish in a Florida Lake: Algae blooms in North America increasing on an alarming scale
    Posted: 12 May 2017 01:06 AM PDT
    The Big Wobble FishKill
    Photo dep.state.fl.us

• Algae blooms in North America increasing on an alarming scale 

Part of a once vibrant lake is now a deathbed for thousands of fish.
    Polk County has gotten several reports of a fish kill at Lake Hancock. Kendall Thomas has been making a living off the fish he catches on the lake for decades.
    He said the water hasn't been so low in years, and the mud his motor turns up as he drives his boat across the lake is evidence of that.
    More proof sits on the other side of a dam on the lake.
    You smell it before you see it.
    "Makes me sick," Thomas said, looking at the thousands of dead fish in the water.
    "I made a living right there."
    Thomas said it's Tilapia he'd normally be able to catch and sell.
    He blames the dry conditions and how much water is being released from the dam.
    "Now I have to go somewhere else to catch fish and hope that I catch fish," he said.
    The water is about three feet lower than it was earlier this year, according to Thomas.
    Scientists with the county tell 10News the lack of rain and high temperatures mean there's more algae than usual.
    "So essentially the algae is stealing the oxygen out of the water, which then means it's not available for the fish," Tabitha Biehl, with Polk County Parks and Natural Resources, explained.
    Whatever the cause, fishermen like Thomas are hoping for rain and hoping the water level on the lake gets back to normal.
    With no substantial rainfall in the forecast, it's hard to say when that will be.

Home Page

The Wire

The Big Wobble Ys1Vf3WZnqI?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email

After 5 tones of dead fish were removed from Kuwaiti beaches earlier this month A NEW massive die off sparking fears about the safety of eating seafood
    Posted: 11 May 2017 09:18 AM PDT
    The Big Wobble 20170511114024deadfish
    Photo GDN
    A new wave of dead fish washed up on Kuwait's coast, sparking fears about the safety of eating seafood, according to Al Qabas newspaper.
    Large quantities of dead fish, locally known as "Al-Ouma", were seen lying on the shore, in an area known as "hospitals' beaches".
    The authorities said that a malicious pathogenic bacteria has been identified as the main cause for the huge quantity of dead fish washing up on the Kuwaiti coast over the past few days.
    The pathogen is believed to have caused the death of large quantities of fish, particularly to species locally known as "Al Jam" and "Al-Meed".
    The Public Authority for the Environment announced a few days ago that initial findings of the investigation pointed out the impact of sewage discharge on coastal areas, especially the beaches of Al Salam, Al Showeikh, Al Doha, Ashiraj and Umm Al Namli Island.
    Earlier this month over five tons of dead fish were removed from Kuwait beaches.
    More than 5 tones of dead fish removed from Kuwait beaches was originally blamed on sewage and fishermen.

Home Page

The Wire

The Big Wobble M4-YSDGZpTY?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email

Current date/time is Mon 13 May 2024, 1:05 pm