Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

U.S. transfers two Guantanamo detainees to Algeria

lonelyintexas
    lonelyintexas
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

U.S. transfers two Guantanamo detainees to Algeria Empty U.S. transfers two Guantanamo detainees to Algeria

Post by lonelyintexas Thu 29 Aug 2013, 2:54 pm

U.S. transfers two Guantanamo detainees to Algeria

29/08/2013 | 07:04 PM | World News

WASHINGTON, Aug 29 (KUNA) -- Following a "comprehensive review," the Pentagon announced Thursday transfer of two detainees from Guantanamo Bay prison to the government of Algeria.

In a statement from the Assistant Secretary of Defense, Nabil Said Hadjarab and Mutia Sadiq Ahmad Sayyab are said to have been "approved for transfer by consensus of the six departments and agencies" comprising President Barack Obama's Guantanamo Review Task Force.

One of Obama's first actions when he was elected in 2009 was the signing of a bill to close the prison. "The United States is grateful to the Government of Algeria for its willingness to support ongoing U.S. efforts to close the Guantanamo Bay detention facility," read the statement.

"The United States coordinated with the Government of Algeria to ensure these transfers took place consistent with appropriate security and humane treatment measures." Up to 194 inmates remain detained in Guantanamo without charge. (end) ys.rk KUNA 291904 Aug 13NNNN

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024, 11:28 pm