Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Two women die, 3 men wounded in 2 bomb blasts in Diyala

jedi17
    jedi17

Two women die, 3 men wounded in 2 bomb blasts in Diyala Empty Two women die, 3 men wounded in 2 bomb blasts in Diyala

Post by jedi17 Thu 27 Jul 2017, 7:41 pm

Two women die, 3 men wounded in 2 bomb blasts in Diyala

by Mohamed Mostafa
    Jul 27, 2017, 3:48 pm
    SHARES
    Tweet
    Reddit

Iraqi security forces inspect the site of a car bomb attack. Archival photo.

Report Ad

Diyala (IraqiNews.com) Two women died and three men were wounded Thursday in two consecutive landmine explosions in Diyala province, a security source was quoted saying.

An IED exploded in a tractor driven by a man at a country road in Binikani, Maqdadia region, northeast of Diyala, wounding the driver, Dijlah TV quoted the source saying.

Two men and two women, who happened to be a few meters away from the blasts’ scene, hurried to the rescue before another bomb exploded, killing the two women and wounding the men, according to the source.

Authorities did point to possible perpetrators, but landmines planted by Islamic State militants have killed several civilians and security personnel in Diyala and other provinces over the past months. Many left casualties among civilians fleeing areas under the militants’ control.

Violence and armed conflicts left more than 700 Iraqis dead and wounded during the month of June, according to a monthly count released by the United Nations Assistance Mission in Iraq (UNAMI).

The Iraqi government plans to invade Islamic State holdouts across Iraq, including Diyala, in the near future, having concluded the ousting of the group from their largest stronghold, Mosul, earlier this month.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Mon 13 May 2024, 10:09 am