Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The US central bank is increasingly worried about weak inflation

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

The US central bank is increasingly worried about weak inflation Empty The US central bank is increasingly worried about weak inflation

Post by Rocky Sat 19 Aug 2017, 3:33 am

The US central bank is increasingly worried about weak inflation

18/08/2017

The minutes of the Federal Reserve's monetary policy committee meeting showed that policy makers in the council appeared to be increasingly concerned about recent low inflation rates, and some called for a halt to interest rate hikes again until it became clear that the trend was temporary.

The minutes of the July 25-26 meeting, in which policymakers unanimously voted in favor of keeping interest rates unchanged, showed that the Fed was more willing to start cutting its $ 4.2 trillion portfolio of Treasuries and mortgage-backed securities.

The minutes of the meeting, which was published yesterday, said policymakers had long discussions about the recent string of weak inflation data.

Inflation remains below the central bank's target of 2 percent for more than five years.

"Many participants ... have seen the possibility that inflation will remain below 2 percent longer than they currently expect, and a number of them have suggested that the risks of inflationary prospects may be heading towards a downward trend," the Fed said in the minutes of the meeting.

Some members of the MPC called for a reluctance to raise interest rates again until data confirm that inflation is returning to the central objective. But some other council officials have warned that the delay could cause too much inflation in the end, and then it would be more expensive to cut it again.

According to the minutes, the voting members of the committee agreed to closely monitor inflation "in view of their concern over the recent slowdown."

http://aletejahtv.org/permalink/177393.html

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 7:44 pm