Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

OPEC + meets again amid disagreement over production quotas

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

OPEC + meets again amid disagreement over production quotas Empty OPEC + meets again amid disagreement over production quotas

Post by Rocky Mon 05 Jul 2021, 7:20 am

OPEC + meets again amid disagreement over production quotas
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The 23 oil-exporting countries of the "OPEC +" alliance will meet again today, Monday, to find a way out, after Friday's failure to reach an agreement to determine production quotas, starting next August.
    Talks between the OPEC countries and their allies outside the cartel will resume, a day after the UAE rejected a plan being negotiated as unfair, in an escalation of the dispute that could impede the recovery of the crude market after the Covid-19 pandemic.
    The proposed plan provides for an increase in oil production by 400,000 barrels per day every month from August to December, so that the additional amount of oil put on the market by the end of the year will reach two million barrels per day.
    This is in line with the general strategy pursued by OPEC Plus since May, which is to gradually increase production after reducing it sharply with the massive decline in demand when the Corona virus began to spread.
    To some extent, this strategy has been successful, as oil prices rebounded to about $75 a barrel for the two benchmarks, Brent North Sea and West Texas Intermediate, an increase of 50 percent since the beginning of the year, a level similar to what prices were in October 2018.
    Although the countries seemed to agree to this proposal, it was the question of the extension that sparked a controversy.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Mon 13 May 2024, 12:11 pm