Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

"Catastrophic effects"... The United Nations is sounding the "alarm alarm" about climate change in I

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

"Catastrophic effects"... The United Nations is sounding the "alarm alarm" about climate change in I Empty "Catastrophic effects"... The United Nations is sounding the "alarm alarm" about climate change in I

Post by Rocky Mon 14 Nov 2022, 5:15 am

[size=35][size=35]"Catastrophic effects"... The United Nations is sounding the "alarm alarm" about climate change in Iraq[/size]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [/size]

Sweeteners

[size][size]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/size]
    2022-11-14 | 00:13
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[/size]

Alsumaria News - Localities

Ghulam Ishaq Zai, Deputy Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations, Resident Coordinator and Humanitarian Coordinator in Iraq, spoke about the biggest challenges facing this country due to climate change.

In his article, Ghulam Ishaq Zai wrote: “When I traveled to Baghdad a month ago to take up my assignment in[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]To help coordinate our support to the government and people in need, Mesopotamia was very different from what I saw two decades ago when I worked in[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]For the first time, dust fills the air and is stirred by hot winds, and there are vast areas of arid lands dotted with stubborn palm trees that struggle patiently to withstand the elements of nature.. That Mesopotamia described in history books was not the land of civilizations. And when I asked the Iraqis and others who had spent several years here, I was told that it had not been like this before. It is clear that climate change has negatively affected this country.”

He added: “In the course of my professional life, I have visited many countries and seen many problems, but the effects of climate change here are enormous, as this beautiful and fertile land, known throughout history for the civilizations that sprout around the Tigris and[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]The two great nations are now standing on the front line of the global climate crisis as the fifth most vulnerable country in the world.”

And he added, “I would have liked to be more positive in my first speech to the Iraqi public, but it is difficult to hide the reality, and I must say that we have not lost everything. Yet, there is hope to change the course of things and the Iraqis should take the initiative.
    [rtl]Related articles[/rtl]
    [rtl][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [ltr]05:45 | 2022-06-29[/ltr][/rtl]
    [ltr]08:44 | 2022-08-23[/ltr][/rtl]
    [ltr]09:09 | 2022-06-5[/ltr][/rtl]

Ghulam Ishaq Zai continued in his article: “With the 27th United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP27) in full swing in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt, it is important to consider environmental issues and challenges in[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]And what to do about it. COP 27 will build on the outcomes of COP26 and respond to the acute global climate emergency. From much-needed mitigation efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, to building resilience and adapting to the inevitable impacts of climate change, COP27 needs to fulfill its commitments to finance climate action in developing countries, incl[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]COP27 is an important opportunity for the world's governments to stick to and further develop their climate commitments (the Nationally Determined Contributions) while bringing the spirit and awareness of climate change back to the[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]He continued, “

We are all aware of the problems here: extreme weather events and changes in climate patterns such as heat waves, heavy rains, higher temperatures, increased precipitation variability and unpredictability, sand and dust storms, prolonged droughts, land degradation, and floods.” , and water scarcity.

” Ghulam Ishaq Zai said: “In 2021, he testified[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Its second driest season in 40 years due to record low precipitation, and over the past 40 years, water flows from the rivers have decreased[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]and the Tigris, which provides up to 98% of the surface water in[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], by 30-40%, and the historical marshes in the south, which are one of the wonders of natural heritage, dry up. The temperatures are rising[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], where the highest temperature was recorded at about 54 degrees Celsius in Basra, and the drop in river water levels means that sea water rushes into the southern lands, with salinity threatening agriculture. The livelihoods and even the very existence of entire communities are at stake, and climate change is not affecting them[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Not only the agricultural sector, but it poses a serious threat to basic human rights, creates obstacles to sustainable development and exacerbates the environmental, security, political and economic challenges that the country faces,”

he explained. “The data and science are clear, and while climate change affects many countries, some mitigation measures are starting of its effects on the inside. We must act now and start moving towards a climate-resilient economy, while addressing adaptation and mitigation as equals. We all have a responsibility to protect our common future and work together for the common good, and we can start with concrete steps in our homes, so everyone should make better and more responsible choices about what they eat, how they travel, how they conserve water and electricity, and what they buy.

” There is still time to turn things around, and with leaders backing[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]And his people for climate action, we have a real opportunity to leave a better Iraq for the next generation, and it is encouraging that[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]In addition to joining the Paris Agreement, it is playing a pioneering role in its green paper to enshrine climate adaptation in public policy, and we at the United Nations are ready to help the Government of[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]The new government is committed to fulfilling its climate commitments through concrete steps, implementation, coordinated solutions and communication at all levels.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 8:40 pm