Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

After his fall.. What happened to the parts of Saddam's statue?

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

After his fall.. What happened to the parts of Saddam's statue? Empty After his fall.. What happened to the parts of Saddam's statue?

Post by Rocky Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:59 am

After his fall.. What happened to the parts of Saddam's statue?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Today, Iraqis remember the 20th anniversary of the American invasion, which toppled Saddam Hussein's regime, and marked the beginning of a bloody era in which conflicts successively occurred, until the country regained some relative calm at the present time. 
    Perhaps the most etched scene in their memory was the day Saddam's statue was toppled in Al-Firdaws Square in Baghdad. 
    What he enjoys talking about most is the Iraqi hairdresser, Qais al-Shara, like thousands of other Iraqis, when he saw Iraqis and some members of the US Marines demolishing Saddam's statue in front of his salon in Firdous Square. 
    And about that moment, Al-Shara said: "There were many Iraqi youths from all over the country with American soldiers on top of the statue. The people of the country wanted their freedom at that time." He added, "The statue showed the face of a man who was feared by everyone," referring to Saddam's statue. which is 12 meters high, which was erected just a year earlier to celebrate his 65th birthday.

It is not known what happened to most of the Saddam statues in general, but collectors have taken pieces of this Firdaws Square statue.
    A group of young US Marines from Utah claimed in 2003 that they cut off the statue's right hand and intended to sell it on eBay, but it disappeared from their cargo as they tried to smuggle it home on the trip back with the Army. 
    According to the report of the American magazine "The New Yorker", the left leg of the statue was initially owned by Kai Kobold, a 34-year-old German antiques dealer, who owns many rare holdings for a number of world celebrities, such as a piece of music written by the hand of the late musician. Mozart.
    Kobold was putting the left foot of the statue, along with a white piano, and said he "loved it very much", but decided to give it up by selling it on the "eBay" online store, for 100,000 euros.

Before it reached Kobold, the left leg of the statue passed many people, beginning with British contractors who returned from Iraq, then a German man from Duisburg, who paid a few thousand euros in order to obtain it, according to his statement to the German magazine "Stern". He refused to reveal his name because the city in which he lives has a large number of Muslims.
    The unknown man tried to sell the leg through the "Azobo" website, but after he was hacked by a "hacker", the news spread among the media, and the authorities opened an investigation about the eligibility of the statue, and after a while the case was ignored, and the man sold the leg to a rich man who works In the industry, his name is Kai Kobold.
    In 2004, Kobold invited to see the left leg of Saddam Hussein's statue, and bought it from him after a while, for less than 10 thousand euros, after the rich man's wife was tired of her presence.
    After Kobold sold it on eBay, the left leg of the Saddam Hussein statue became the property of another German antiques dealer, and he told The New Yorker he planned to keep the leg in his dining room, at least for the time being. "Maybe," he said. When I get a good offer for the leg of the statue, I will sell it again."
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:36 am