Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Gulf stock exchanges fall amid warnings of raising US interest rates

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Gulf stock exchanges fall amid warnings of raising US interest rates Empty Gulf stock exchanges fall amid warnings of raising US interest rates

Post by Rocky Tue 24 Oct 2023, 4:58 am

[rtl]Gulf stock exchanges fall amid warnings of raising US interest rates[/rtl]

economy  ,  10/23/2023 10:00  Number of readings: 189 
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[rtl]Baghdad - Iraq Today:

Stock markets in the Gulf region fell on Sunday, amid warnings about the possibility of the Federal Reserve (the US central bank) raising interest rates and fears of escalating conflict in the Middle East.[/rtl]
    [rtl]Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell said on Friday that the strength of the US economy and the continued increase in job opportunities may require stricter borrowing conditions to control inflation.[/rtl]
    [rtl]Monetary policy in the six Gulf Cooperation Council countries is usually guided by the decisions of the US Central Bank because the currencies of most of those countries are pegged to the dollar.

The Saudi index continued to decline for the third session in a row, closing down 1.5 percent after all sectors witnessed a decline.[/rtl]
    [rtl]Elm Company shares fell 2.3 percent, and Al Rajhi Bank shares, the largest Islamic bank in the world in terms of assets, fell 2.1 percent.[/rtl]
    [rtl]The Qatari index also continued to decline for the fifth session in a row, closing down 0.9 percent. Industries Qatar and Qatar Navigation shares lost 2.2 percent and three percent, respectively.[/rtl]
    [rtl]The shares of Qatar National Bank, the largest in the Gulf region, also fell 2.1 percent.[/rtl]
    [rtl]Outside the Gulf region, Egypt's leading stock index rose 2.3 percent amid gains for almost all stocks. Shares of Eastern Company and Talaat Moustafa Group (EGX: TMGH) jumped 6.9 percent and 8.1 percent, respectively. [/rtl]
    [rtl][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [/rtl]

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 1:20 am