Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Beijing just issued its first ever red alert for smog levels

Lobo
    Lobo

Beijing just issued its first ever red alert for smog levels Empty Beijing just issued its first ever red alert for smog levels

Post by Lobo Mon 07 Dec 2015, 5:15 pm

Beijing just issued its first ever red alert for smog levels

12:13 p.m. ET

Beijing just issued its first ever red alert for smog levels GettyImages-170004759
    STR/AFP/Getty Images

Beijing is bracing itself for three consecutive days of severe smog this week, prompting China's capital city to issue its first-ever red alert Monday. The alert, which urges the highest level of caution in the city's four-tier warning system, will begin Tuesday at 7 a.m. and end at noon on Thursday.

Schools will be advised to close, factories and construction sites will be temporarily shut down, and severe limitations on traffic will be enforced. Cars with odd and even license plate numbers will be required to alternate days driving. "It is history — this is a precedent set," Ma Jun, director of the Institute of Public and Environmental Affairs in Beijing, said. "This is extremely important to stop children from being exposed to such a high level of pollution."

Last week, Beijing issued the year's first orange alert — one rung below the red alert — as smog in some areas rose to levels 40 times what is considered safe by the World Health Organization. Though levels are now lower than they were last week, the heightened alert was made in anticipation of what's to come, the BBC reports.

As of Monday at 6 p.m. local time, air pollution levels were 10 times what is considered safe.
    Becca Stanek
    http://theweek.com/speedreads/592746/beijing-just-issued-first-ever-red-alert-smog-levels

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 2:24 am