Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

2 posters

Can Iraq Separate Religion and State?

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Can Iraq Separate Religion and State? Empty Can Iraq Separate Religion and State?

Post by Rocky Thu 18 Feb 2016, 2:16 pm

[size=36]Can Iraq Separate Religion and State?[/size]

2/18/16
    Several groups appear to be vying to control Iraqis’ social lives and liberties: organized crime, religious factions and even armed security forces. Motives range from money to fundamentalism, but the situation calls for governance where armed parties and factions are no longer allowed to meddle in social affairs.
    On Jan. 25, flyers calling for bans on singing and makeup were plastered throughout Baghdad on cement barricades, near security checkpoints and on the walls of the Zora Gardens that families in Baghdad frequent. This seemed to be an organized campaignagainst liberties, and it led to great controversy in the media, social networking sites and Iraqi society as a whole.
    Questions abounded about the motives of said campaign and what party stood behind it. However, the perpetrators’ failure to identify themselves does not mean they were unknown to most Iraqis: They are supposedly religious conservatives who treat with disdain any ideas not in line with their views.
    In his personal blog on Jan. 22, author and academic Taisir Abduljabbar al-Alousiprofiled those responsible as “religiously extremist factions that exploit Islam to suppress rights, freedoms and marginalize civil [secular] movements.”
    Some incidents are also perpetrated by security forces charged with enforcing the law and protecting liberties under the constitution. On July 20, a video clip emerged showing a security force storming night clubs in Baghdad, an act that led — along with similar such incidents — to widespread condemnation on the part of civil movements and leftist parties.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    notazbad2000
    notazbad2000
    NNP TEAM
    NNP TEAM

Can Iraq Separate Religion and State? Empty Re: Can Iraq Separate Religion and State?

Post by notazbad2000 Thu 18 Feb 2016, 9:54 pm

I guess a simple answer would be...NO!!!  In this region they must coexist to a certain extent!

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
    Martin Luther King Jr., Strength to Love, 1963

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 4:47 pm