Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

2 posters

Iraqi economy to recover in 2017 despite negative impacts

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Iraqi economy to recover in 2017 despite negative impacts Empty Iraqi economy to recover in 2017 despite negative impacts

Post by Rocky Mon 21 Mar 2016, 10:42 am

Iraqi economy to recover in 2017 despite negative impacts
    Source: Xinhua   2016-03-21 21:35:47[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

DUBAI, March 21 (Xinhua) -- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s economy is expected to recover in 2017 despite the falling oil prices, the political uncertainty and the deteriorating security situation in the Gulf country, industrialists from Iraq and its Gulf Arabian neighbors said on Monday.

"I can't say I am too optimistic for 2016, but I see light at the end of the tunnel in 2017," Dhia Al-Shakarchi, Chairman of the Iraqi Business Council in Abu Dhabi, said an informal meeting of company representatives from Iraq and its Gulf Arabian neighbors.

Ali Majeed Alwash, Middle Projects Division Manager at Iraq's State Company for Oil Projects (SCOP), said Iraq exports now 3.25 million barrels per day and if you include production of autonomous Kurdistan you can add another 600,000 barrels per day. But until now SCOP did not get any investments from foreign investors, but we are looking to get investments."

Regarding the partial occupation of the country by the Islamic State (IS), Alwash said "it does not affect the reconstruction of Iraq's oil industry because our operations are mostly in the south and partly in the middle of the country."

Western companies also expressed optimism that developments in 2016 will pave way for an economic rebound in 2017 in the OPEC member state.

Matteo Benincasa, Regional Head of Projects at Weir Oil and Gas Company from Scotland, told Xinhua "for the second half of 2016 we are more optimistic and we expect oil prices to rally further."

Despite political uncertainty and the oil slump in the last 18 months, his firm did not reduce activities, he added.

"Weir returned to Iraq in 2010 and we invested totally 20 million U.S. dollars in facilities in Rumaila in southern Iraq, south of the port city Basra, and half of our 200 employees in the Gulf state are local Iraqi experts," he said.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Diamond
    Diamond
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Iraqi economy to recover in 2017 despite negative impacts Empty Re: Iraqi economy to recover in 2017 despite negative impacts

Post by Diamond Mon 21 Mar 2016, 11:42 am

con

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 4:00 pm