Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

World’s 16 biggest banks, including RBC, ordered to face Libor lawsuits in ruling court warns could

Lobo
    Lobo

World’s 16 biggest banks, including RBC, ordered to face Libor lawsuits in ruling court warns could  Empty World’s 16 biggest banks, including RBC, ordered to face Libor lawsuits in ruling court warns could

Post by Lobo Wed 25 May 2016, 6:38 pm

World’s 16 biggest banks, including RBC, ordered to face Libor lawsuits in ruling court warns could ruin them

Bob Van Voris, Bloomberg News | May 23, 2016 | Last Updated: May 24 10:56 AM ET

May 24, 2016
    Sixteen of the world’s largest banks including JPMorgan Chase & Co. and Citigroup Inc. must face antitrust lawsuits accusing them of hurting investors who bought securities tied to Libor by rigging an interest-rate benchmark, a ruling that an appeals court warned could devastate them.
    The appellate judges reversed a lower-court ruling on one issue — whether the investors had adequately claimed in their complaints to have been harmed — while sending the cases back for the judge to consider another issue: whether the plaintiffs are the proper parties to sue, in part because their claims, if successful, provide for triple damages that could overwhelm the banks.
    “Requiring the banks to pay treble damages to every plaintiff who ended up on the wrong side of an independent Libor‐denominated derivative swap would, if appellants’ allegations were proved at trial, not only bankrupt 16 of the world’s most important financial institutions, but also vastly extend the potential scope of antitrust liability in myriad markets where derivative instruments have proliferated,” the U.S. Court of Appeals in New York said in the ruling.
    http://business.financialpost.com/investing/global-investor/worlds-16-biggest-banks-including-rbc-forced-to-fa

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 2:25 am