Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Agent: Blue Jays showing 'most love' to Encarnacion

jedi17
    jedi17

Agent: Blue Jays showing 'most love' to Encarnacion Empty Agent: Blue Jays showing 'most love' to Encarnacion

Post by jedi17 Tue 29 Nov 2016, 8:23 pm

Agent: Blue Jays showing 'most love' to Encarnacion

Edwin Encarnacion’s market is heating up and the Toronto Blue Jays are reportedly showing the “most love” for the free-agent slugger from all the teams interested in signing him.
    That’s what Encarnacion’s agent, Paul Kinzer, told TSN’s Rick Westhead on Tuesday as the hot stove activity ramps up ahead of the Winter Meetings that begin Sunday. Kinzer said that Encarnacion would like to sign in the coming days and that two teams had already made serious offers, while three teams are waiting for MLB and the player’s union to sign a new collective labour agreement before jumping in the fray.
    The Blue Jays might now have a better idea of how much Encarnacion will ultimately cost, too, after the New York Mets signed Yoenis Cespedes to a four-year, $110 million deal Tuesday. Cespedes and Encarnacion were considered the top offensive players available as free agents and expected to land deals in a similar price range.
    Even though the Blue Jays came to terms with DH Kendrys Morales on a three-year pact earlier this offseason, their continued pursuit of Encarnacion is encouraging. There’s still a desire to contend with the current core that’s in place and retaining Encarnacion would help keep Toronto competitive in what’s going to be a tough American League East.

Encarnacion has indicated he feels most comfortable with the Blue Jays and that if they put forth a fair contract that he would be inclined to stay. The Astros, Rangers, Red Sox, and Yankees won’t make that easy, but it appears Toronto is still trying to make it work with Encarnacion. Whether they’re willing to go up to the four years, $100 million it will likely take to get a deal done, though, is an entirely different question.

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 7:41 pm