Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Oven-Roasted Grapefruit with Hazelnuts and Sea Salt

Lobo
    Lobo

Oven-Roasted Grapefruit with Hazelnuts and Sea Salt Empty Oven-Roasted Grapefruit with Hazelnuts and Sea Salt

Post by Lobo Mon 26 Dec 2016, 5:13 pm

Oven-Roasted Grapefruit with Hazelnuts and Sea Salt Img19l
    Oven-Roasted Grapefruit with Hazelnuts and Sea Salt

Prep Time: 5 minutes
    Cook Time: 30 minutes
    Servings: 4
    Simple to prepare, these oven-roasted grapefruit served at the Portland restaurant Ned Ludd add a sophisticated touch to any brunch.

Ingredients:

• 4 Ruby grapefruit
    • 4 Tbs. (2 oz./60 g) turbinado sugar
    • 1 Tbs. unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch (6-mm) cubes
    • 1/4 cup (1 oz./30 g) chopped toasted hazelnuts
    • Flake sea salt, such as Jacobsen, for finishing

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 425°F (220°C).

Trim the bottom of each grapefruit to create a flat surface, then slice off the top third of each grapefruit, discarding the tops or saving them for another use. Using a grapefruit knife, loosen the grapefruit segments by first carefully cutting between the fruit and the peel and then by cutting along either side of each segment to free it from the membrane. Transfer to an 8-inch square baking dish. Top each grapefruit with 1 Tbs. sugar and dot with the butter.

Transfer to the oven and roast until the sugar and butter are melted and the edges start to brown, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and place the grapefruits on a serving platter. Drizzle with any juices that accumulated in the dish during roasting, then sprinkle with the hazelnuts and sea salt. Serves 4.

Jason French, Chef/Owner, Ned Ludd, Portland, OR.

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 2:15 pm