Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Trump says Sprint will bring 5,000 jobs back to the US; OneWeb will create 3,000 New jobs

Lobo
    Lobo

Trump says Sprint will bring 5,000 jobs back to the US; OneWeb will create 3,000 New jobs Empty Trump says Sprint will bring 5,000 jobs back to the US; OneWeb will create 3,000 New jobs

Post by Lobo Wed 28 Dec 2016, 6:29 pm

Trump says Sprint will bring 5,000 jobs back to the US; OneWeb will create 3,000 New jobs
    Posted By: Watchman
    Date: Wednesday, 28-Dec-2016 17:49:13

President-elect Donald Trump said Wednesday that Sprint will bring 5,000 jobs back to the United States from overseas, while another company OneWeb will add 3,000 jobs in the U.S.

Trump said the deal "was done through" SoftBank CEO Masayoshi Son, a Japanese billionaire and technology investor. Earlier this month, the pair announced in New York that SoftBank agreed to invest $50 billion in the U.S. and aimed to create 50,000 jobs.

It is unclear whether all of the positions announced Wednesday are part of the 50,000 jobs pledge detailed previously.

SoftBank owns about 80 percent of Sprint and earlier this month invested $1 billion in OneWeb, a U.S. satellite venture that aims to provide affordable internet. Son said at the time that the OneWeb investment was the "first step" in his commitment to Trump.

"Because of what's happening and the spirit and the hope, I was just called by the head people at Sprint and they're going to be bringing 5,000 jobs back to the United States and taking them from other countries," Trump told reporters Wednesday at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida. "They're bringing them back to the United States and Masa and some other people were very much involved in that so I want to thank them. And OneWeb, a new company, is going to be hiring 3,000 people and that's very exciting."

It is not clear exactly from where the Sprint positions will be moved.

A Trump transition spokesman did not immediately respond to a request to clarify from where the Sprint jobs would come and whether the 8,000 jobs are part of the 50,000 position goal announced earlier this month.

Trump earlier claimed the SoftBank investment was a direct result of his election. However, the $50 billion will come from a previously announced $100 billion investment fund set up with Saudi Arabia, according to Dow Jones, and SoftBank has a long history of investing in the U.S.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/28/trump-says-sprint-will-bring-5000-jobs-back-to-the-us-oneweb-will-create-3000-jobs.html

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 2:33 am