Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

St Louis Blues

jedi17
    jedi17

St Louis Blues Empty St Louis Blues

Post by jedi17 Mon 06 Mar 2017, 6:33 pm

Blues free falling, look to avoid going down to an Avalanche
    March 5, 2017, 6:22 PM ET [11 Comments]
    Jason Millen
    St Louis Blues Stl St Louis Blues Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on twitter 

The Blues continued to disappoint their fans, dropping a 3-0 loss to the Jets in the Peg on Friday. Carter Hutton was one of the few bright spots, stopping 37 of 38 shots. The Blues got beat again in Corsi, shots, quality chances, etc.  

As a result, the Jets now sit only 1 point behind the Blues (both out of the playoffs). Yes the Blues have 3 games in hand but given the Blues have lost 5 in a row, it isn’t like they have been making up points with those games in hand.

Luckily for the Blues, they will be in Denver tonight taking on the Avalanche, a team that has lost 3 in a row, 8 of their last 10 and has the fewest points in the NHL by a very wide margin. The Coyotes are next and have almost 40% more points than the Avalanche. The Avalanche has only won 8 games at home this season but are 3-2-1 in their last 6 home games. 

The Avalanche’s record is indicative of their underlying stats, last in the league in goals against per game, last in goals scored per game, 2nd last on the power play, and 4th worst in shots against per game. They don’t have a player with more than 16 goals and only one has topped 40 points. None are averaging even 0.7 points per game. I’m not saying that +/- tells us a lot but when your best player (more than 30 games) is at -10, I do think it tells you something about how the season has been going. 

The Avalanche’s best netminder has been Calvin Pickard this season, posting a 90.7% save percentage. Semyon Varlamov is under 90% and out with a groin injury.  

The season is quickly getting away from the Blues and Coach Mike Yeo has to turn it around. With the losses mounting and points slipping away, the Blues are putting themselves in a precarious position. They have to find a way to at least get points in these close games. Yeo claims he is going to make sure that the coaching staff will “put guys in the position and if they’re not doing the job, then we find other people that will.”

To that end, Coach Yeo has mixed the lines up a bit. Expect them to start out like this tonight:
    Schwartz – Stastny – Tarasenko
    Steen – Berglund - Perron
    Paajarvi – Lehtera – Yakupov
    Upshall – Brodziak – Reaves
    Bouwmeester – Pietrangelo
    Edmundson – Parayko
    Gunnarsson – Schmaltz
    Allen

Great Jeremy Rutherford story from earlier today. He “walked into Pepsi Center and held the door for a lady who seemed like someone who works all events at the arena. As she walked through the door, she said to me, “Thanks! It must be a hockey game tonight if people are holding the door open for people.” For those of you that don’t know, JR is good people. This is just another good anecdotal example of how hockey people are good people. I saw a lot of this last week at the charity event I was attending, including one official make-a-wish add on experience and an unofficial one, both provided by people attending the charity event. 

Side fact – don’t look now but Brian Elliott is 6-0-1 in his last 7 games and 9-1-1- in his last 11 and looks to be getting another win today. In 5 of the 11, his save percentage was over 94.5%. He stopped 92.2% in February and is around 94% so far this month. 

It’s a great day for hockey.  

Fellow Hockeybuzz bloggers Nashville Predator's Paul McCannWinnipeg Jet's Peter Tessier and Minnesota Wild's Dan Wallace have generously agreed to a friendly charity wager. We were hoping to do the whole division but don't have it fully represented yet. The blogger whose team finishes the highest the standings at the end of the year gets to pick a charity to whom the others donate in their name.

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 6:48 pm