Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Calgary Flames

jedi17
    jedi17

Calgary Flames Empty Calgary Flames

Post by jedi17 Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:09 pm

G74 Calgary Flames @ Nashville Predators: Life without Tkachuk continues
    March 23, 2017, 11:16 AM ET [48 Comments]
    Todd Cordell
    Calgary Flames Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddCordell

Life without Matthew Tkachuk continues (and ends) tonight when the Calgary Flames take on the Nashville Predators.

The 3M line, well 2/3 of it and Sam Bennett, was good last time out but the Flames had to alter three lines as a result of Tkachuk's absence, which led to a watered down bottom-6 being exposed.

Being outplayed by the Washington Capitals isn't something new to teams but the gap likely would have been smaller had Tkachuk played and everyone else remained in their regular slot.

The Predators will be another stiff test. They have managed at least a point in 28 of their 36 home games this season and, like the Flames, have a lot riding on tonight's game.

If the Flames win, they'd be a point out of 2nd in the Pacific. If they lose, they'd be three points back of Anaheim and Edmonton (assuming they beat the Avs) while sitting just one ahead of Nashville, who has a game in hand.

This is a big game.

Here are the expected line combinations for the Flames:

Sam Bennett - Mikael Backlund - Michael Frolik
    Johnny Gaudreau - Sean Monahan - Micheal Ferland
    Kris Versteeg - Matt Stajan - Troy Brouwer
    Lance Bouma - Freddie Hamilton - Alex Chiasson

Mark Giordano - Dougie Hamilton
    T.J. Brodie - Michael Stoned
    Matt Bartkowski - Deryk Engelland

Brian Elliott

And the expected lines for the Preds (via dailyfaceoff.com):

Filip Forsberg - Ryan Johansen - Viktor Arvidsson
    Colin Wilson - Mike Fisher - Craig Smith
    Kevin Fiala - Calle Jarnkrok - James Neal
    Cody McLeod - Colton Sissons - Austin Watson

Roman Josi - Ryan Ellis
    Mattias Ekholm - P.K. Subban
    Matt Irwin - Yannick Weber

Pekka Rinne

A few notes:

1) The Bennett - Backlund - Frolik line outshot and out-chanced the Caps by a decent margin but had nothing to show for it. The Flames need them to play well, and find the scoresheet, tonight because they're not likely to get much from the bottom-6.

2) The Flames control ~43% of the shot attempts with the Bartkowski - Engelland pairing on the ice. If they get caught out against any of Nashville's top players it's going to be ugly.

3) The Preds are near the bottom of the league in 5v4 scoring chance generation and only a handful of teams have allowed more chances while up a man. The Backlund - Frolik PK duo may be able to take advantage of that and generate some offense while undermanned.

Tonight's game is scheduled for 8:00 eastern and can be seen on SNF and FS-TN.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:28 am