Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

New Jersey Devils

jedi17
    jedi17

New Jersey Devils  Empty New Jersey Devils

Post by jedi17 Fri 31 Mar 2017, 6:31 pm

Patrik Elias announces retirement
    March 31, 2017, 8:43 AM ET [24 Comments]
    Todd Cordell
    New Jersey Devils Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddCordell

Patrik Elias has announced his retirement.

Over the last few months, he tried to rehab his knee and get to a spot, mentally and physically, where he could return to the New Jersey Devils. He obviously didn't make the progress he wanted and elected not to force the issue.

The 40-year-old Czech native played 1240 regular season games with the Devils and is the franchise leader in goals (408), assists (617) and points (1025). He is also the franchise leader in playoff goals (45), assists (80), points (125) and has two Stanley Cups to show for his elite-level play when the games mattered most.

The Devils have announced that Elias' No. 26 will be retired before a home game during the 2017-18 season.

While his playing career is over, fans will still get the opportunity to see Elias in a Devils uniform a couple more times.

Here are the details:

"Elias will bid farewell to Devils’ fans with one final skate on the Prudential Center ice during warm-ups before the team’s final home game of the season on April 8 against the New York Islanders (6 p.m.) at The Rock.

The Devils will honor Elias over the course of the final three home games April 4, April 6 and April 8, with special moments and tributes during each game. Elias will drop the ceremonial puck prior to the April 4 game vs. the Flyers, and on April 7, the Devils will hold an open practice for fans to watch Elias prepare with the team for the last time at the RWJ Barnabas Health Hockey House."

It's very sad to see Elias call it a career but at least he went out on a high note. I think I speak for everyone when I say we'll miss him greatly.

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 2:58 pm