Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Three wounded in explosion southeast of Baghdad

jedi17
    jedi17

Three wounded in explosion southeast of Baghdad Empty Three wounded in explosion southeast of Baghdad

Post by jedi17 Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:39 pm

Three wounded in explosion southeast of Baghdad

Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) Three civilians were wounded Monday when an explosive device exploded in southeastern Baghdad, security sources were quoted saying.

Alghad Press quoted the sources saying that an explosive device went off in Jisr Diyala (bridge) district, southeast of the capital, wounding three people.

The United Nations Assistance Mission in Iraq (UNAMI) has said that violence in the country lef 1115 casualties, excluding security members, during March. Baghdad was the second most affected province with 84 deaths and 246 injuries, according to the organization’s monthly casualty count.

While several blasts are not followed by a claim of responsibility, Islamic State militants said they had been behind some bloody explosions and attacks that hit the capital in the past months, leaving casualties among civilians and security troops.

Observers believe Islamic State have begun to escalate attacks outside the city of Mosul, where the group has been losing ground and personnel since October, so as to relieve pressure by government forces on that front and to divert attention from group losses.

While losing Mosul could be the severest blow to the group’s existence in Iraq, some observers argue that attacks outside the province prove that the extremist group can still pose a security threat for all cities.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:44 am