Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Gold falls after Fed comments

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Gold falls after Fed comments Empty Gold falls after Fed comments

Post by Rocky Wed 27 Sep 2017, 3:46 am

Gold falls after Fed comments

Gold prices fell more than 1 percent after Federal Reserve Chairman Janet Yellen said the US central bank needs to continue gradual increases in interest rates despite weak inflation. 
    "This is not in line with what the market expected," said George Giro, executive director of RBC Management Management in New York, "We were expecting an emergency easing given the huge debt we face." 
    Gold fell 1.21 percent to $ 1294.28 an ounce at the end of trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange. US gold futures for December delivery fell 0.75 percent to settle at $ 1301.70 an ounce. 
    Gold is vulnerable to interest rate movements and other asset returns because higher interest increases the cost of holding a precious metal that is not yielding.
    Gold has also been hurt by the rise of the US dollar index against a basket of major currencies, which makes holding commodities denominated in US currency, including the yellow metal, more expensive for holders of other currencies. 
    That came after gold earlier rose to a one-week high of $ 1313.54 an ounce, extending gains after rising tensions between North Korea and the United States boosted prices in Monday's session. 
    On the real demand side, data showed that China's net imports of gold through its main gateway to Hong Kong fell 55 percent in August from a month earlier. 
    Among other precious metals, silver fell 2.11 percent to $ 16.81 an ounce, after hitting its lowest level since Aug. 25 at $ 16.76.
    Platinum fell 1.71 percent to $ 924.

http://economy-news.net/content.php?id=9168

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 2:11 pm