Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

4 posters

Economist calls for a deletion of the three zeros currency to withdraw counterfeits from the marketp

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Economist calls for a deletion of the three zeros currency to withdraw counterfeits from the marketp Empty Economist calls for a deletion of the three zeros currency to withdraw counterfeits from the marketp

Post by Rocky Sat 23 Mar 2013, 12:20 pm

Economist calls for a deletion of the three zeros currency to withdraw counterfeits from the marketplace

1 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

22-03-2013 10:40 AM

Baghdad (newsletter). Student Economist Salim Al-daini, the application of the draft Central Bank deleted three zeros from the currency early next year, to eliminate the forged currency in the local market.

He said Al-daini (News Agency): draft three zeros from the currency, deletion would serve the Iraqi citizen in terms of reducing large categories and easily traded, as well as support the economy through the withdrawal of counterfeits, which are widespread in the market.

He added: the project must be applied after you set the kvoaeh management for the Central Bank to be implemented early next year (2014), it is one of the strategic projects in the country.

He noted that the current categories of national currency is easy to damage, forcing the State printing new currencies for every three months and these constitute an additional burden on the State funds for printing new currencies, indicating that the new project would be issued coins up for more than 25 years.

The Council demanded that the Prime Minister earlier in the previous administration for the Central Bank to wait to delete the three zeros from the local currency, saying that a large project and needs sufficient time to apply./finished/8 n. p.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Wayne Irby
    Wayne Irby
    Cain't Let Go Investor
    Cain't Let Go Investor

Economist calls for a deletion of the three zeros currency to withdraw counterfeits from the marketp Empty Re: Economist calls for a deletion of the three zeros currency to withdraw counterfeits from the marketp

Post by Wayne Irby Sat 23 Mar 2013, 10:11 pm

The heck with early next year, early April 2013 would be a lot better!!!
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Economist calls for a deletion of the three zeros currency to withdraw counterfeits from the marketp Empty Re: Economist calls for a deletion of the three zeros currency to withdraw counterfeits from the marketp

Post by Neno Sun 24 Mar 2013, 9:55 am

Economist run the country now? lol! The Iraq dinar is one of the most secured designed currencies there is. I wouldn't buy so much into this counterfeiting thing. What they need is for the merchants to identify their takings a lot better. Just like when we go places and pass a $20 the clerk nearly always checks it with a water marker. I bet non of these counterfeit bills makes it thru the banks and or back to the CBI. It should be the merchants responsibility to identify these IMHO.. ;)
    4aprofit
    Quiet Investor
    Quiet Investor

Post by 4aprofit Sun 24 Mar 2013, 2:49 pm

10-21-12, Iraq
    states that only 25K of every 1 Billion IQD is Counterfeit!
    Iraqi Central Bank Warns of Counterfeit Money

Sunday, 21 October,

SULAIMANI, Kurdistan Region—The head
    of the Bank of Kurdistan says that the Central Bank of Iraq has warned all
    branches across the country of the circulation of counterfeit Iraqi banknotes in
    the market.
    “We are always concerned about the spread of counterfeit money in the
    market,” says Dilshad Abdulmajid, the head of the Sulaimani branch of the Bank
    of Kurdistan.

Abdulmajid told Rudaw that up to now fake
    banknotes have not reached Kurdistan’s markets in amounts that would pose a
    threat to the economy.

“But because of the situation in Syria and threats against Iran, there is
    the risk of counterfeit money crossing the borders of Iraq and the Kurdistan
    Region.” Abdulmajid said.
    He suggests that border checkpoints and customs officials should be more
    vigilant.
    Adham Karim, the head of the main branch of the Bank of Kurdistan says that
    his office does not have certain data about the circulation of counterfeit money
    in Iraq. But Abdulmajid maintains that his branch has been informed by Baghdad
    of the spread of fake 5000-dinar bills and that “we should be more careful when
    dealing with that particular note.”
    Karim does not deny that his staff detects fake banknotes passing through
    his bank from time to time, but he says it has always been in insignificant
    amounts.
    “However,” Karim says. “The borders are more open now and extra vigilance
    is necessary.”
    Abdullah Muhammad, a money trader in Sulaimani’s currency exchange market
    says that fake banknotes are like a “time bomb that may suddenly explode” if it
    is ignored.
    “Twice in the past I have been given fake money,” Muhammad says. “But
    thankfully both times the amounts were small. By the time I found out the person
    had gone. Now, I check every single note I receive.”
    Tahir Abdullah, the manager of the Sulaimani Airport says that his staff
    has never seized any counterfeit money passing through the airport.
    “Any money passing through the airport is under the supervision of the
    airport customs,” Abdullah says. “But sometimes the amounts are too huge to be
    checked individually.”
    Abdullah added that people who trade in forged currency might not use
    airports to move their money around.
    One of the security features of Iraqi money is a metallic thread that runs
    through most banknotes. Abdulmajid says the thread is missing in the fake notes,
    but the forgers have tried to come around that problem, too.
    “The fake notes do not have the thread, but there is a thin line that
    resembles the thread,” he says. “You won’t be able to notice it if you do not
    look carefully.”
    Abdulmajid says that in every 1 billion, 25,000 dinars could be
    counterfeit, and “this could be something normal. But this is the first time we
    get warnings from the Central Bank of Iraq.”
    Kurdistan’s Minister of Finance Bayiz Talabani says that he is unaware of
    counterfeit money circulating in Iraqi markets, but he is certain that such
    notes cannot enter Kurdistan’s markets.
    “We have great money inspection machines and such notes cannot reach us
    easily,” he told Rudaw.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Neno Sun 24 Mar 2013, 3:54 pm

“Twice in the past I have been given fake money,” Muhammad says. “But
    thankfully both times the amounts were small. By the time I found out the person
    had gone. Now, I check every single note I receive.”
    Again, that is the responsibility of the merchant. This article stated that it is very uncommon in Iraq but happening in countries outside of IRAQ, SO!! Central Bank want take them so no lose to Iraq or their reserves. Everyone do your duty and or job and and catch the paper boys... ;)
    4aprofit
    Quiet Investor
    Quiet Investor

Post by 4aprofit Sun 24 Mar 2013, 7:56 pm

When first hearing about this it scared me, until I figured out that counterfietting is a world wide delimna, and mostly of currencies that have higher values and that are more readily accepted and tradeable...(unlike Iraq's currency)...but, I'm sure if there were to be a signifigant rise in the currency that there would be much more counterfeitting of this currency as well....One dealer I spoke to said that they recieved a note that was actually counterfeit...that they had specifically sent to them for inspection..and they said that you could spot it 20 feet away as per not being legit...and that it was a circulated note, and it is said that most counterfiet notes, if not all..were the circulated ones, and that they were usually passed off by being placed inside a stack of other circulated notes...so as per slipping by without easy detection....especially on borders, whereby it would be easier to pass these off to someone who was not as familiar with the money, or whereby they did'nt typically have the means of counterfiet detection readily available..like at a bank or money business, service, etc...for what it's worth...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 1:13 pm