Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Boeing to lay off 1,800 Seattle area jobs

Lobo
    Lobo

Boeing to lay off 1,800 Seattle area jobs Empty Boeing to lay off 1,800 Seattle area jobs

Post by Lobo Sat 04 Mar 2017, 5:28 pm

Boeing to lay off 1,800 Seattle area jobs
    Boeing to lay off 1,800 Seattle area jobs Boeing_Logo_10

More bad news for Boeing as the Seattle area staple is ready to cut 1,800 jobs according to this Bloomberg report.
    Boeing Co. is shrinking its Seattle-area workforce by at least 1,800 jobs this year as the company streamlines operations in a brutally competitive commercial-aircraft market.
    The planemaker approved voluntary layoffs for 1,500 mechanics, according to a person familiar with the situation who asked not to be named because it hasn’t been made public. Another 305 engineers and technical workers are leaving voluntarily, Bill Dugovich, a spokesman for their union, said Thursday.
    Boeing told employees in December that it would seek buyouts as part of an effort to cut costs and match employment to market requirements, company spokesman Paul Bergman said by email. Boeing also plans to cull commercial-airplane jobs by leaving open positions unfilled and through involuntary layoffs, he said. He declined to say how many buyouts have been approved.
    http://www.thomasdishaw.com/economy/boeing-lay-off-1800-seattle-area-jobs/

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 6:20 pm