Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

4 posters

Philippines Lifts Iraqi Work Ban

chouchou
    chouchou

lifts - Philippines Lifts Iraqi Work Ban Empty Philippines Lifts Iraqi Work Ban

Post by chouchou Mon 05 Aug 2013, 10:13 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The government of the Philippines has lifted its ban on the deployment of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) to Iraq.

Labour Secretary Rosalinda Baldoz (pictured) said the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) governing board has approved a resolution allowing the deployment of new workers to Iraq.

“Under the resolution, the POEA will now resume processing and deployment of new hire workers to Iraq, except in areas identified as no-go zones,” Baldoz said.

The no-go zones are the provinces of Anbar, Ninewah, Nineveh, Kirkuk and Salahuddin.

However, the ban stays in place for household service workers as they are considered “vulnerable”.

In February 2012 the POEA [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on the deployment of Filipino workers to Iraq.

The labor chief said they expect the hiring of more construction and medical workers in Iraq following the full lifting of the deployment ban.

She said the Iraqi government has expressed desire to hire more Filipino professionals for the rehabilitation of Iraqi industries and facilities.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

lifts - Philippines Lifts Iraqi Work Ban Empty Re: Philippines Lifts Iraqi Work Ban

Post by Neno Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:36 am

Interesting, thought Iraq needed jobs for their own.... ;)
    weslin3
    weslin3
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

lifts - Philippines Lifts Iraqi Work Ban Empty Re: Philippines Lifts Iraqi Work Ban

Post by weslin3 Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:42 am

Well if the Iraqis get their money through oil royalites like they are suppose to, they will not want [b style="font-size: 13px;"]to work.... just like the Kuwaitts did when all of them became millionaires. So bring over the Philippinos along with the umemployed Egyptians and such.[/b]

fonz1951
    fonz1951
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by fonz1951 Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:49 am

Neno wrote:Interesting, thought Iraq needed jobs for their own.... ;)

could it be taking about contract workers ? when i was there working for K.B.R. we had a lot of phillipinos.that were contracted to them.
    weslin3
    weslin3
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by weslin3 Mon 05 Aug 2013, 12:12 pm

What happened to lit's comment? Thought I just read it...

chouchou
    chouchou

Post by chouchou Mon 05 Aug 2013, 12:15 pm

weslin3 wrote:What happened to lit's comment? Thought I just read it...

Weslin, stop the tequila lol
    fonz1951
    fonz1951
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by fonz1951 Mon 05 Aug 2013, 12:28 pm

chouchou wrote:

Weslin, stop the tequila lol

no tequila, i read it too, and as i was writing a response to it when it just went away.really. anyway, i was in iraq from jan.2008 till jan 2010 and we had lots of phillipino contracrors that worked for k.b.r. so, i'm not sure what this article is about? anybody?
    weslin3
    weslin3
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by weslin3 Mon 05 Aug 2013, 1:53 pm

Thank you fonz! Was wondering about myself and I haven't any tequila... So...

Me thinks something is up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 4:56 am