Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Minnesota Wild

jedi17
    jedi17

Minnesota Wild  Empty Minnesota Wild

Post by jedi17 Mon 10 Apr 2017, 7:37 pm

Wild Complete Record Setting Season on Winning Note
    April 10, 2017, 9:38 AM ET [8 Comments]
    Dan Wallace
    Minnesota Wild Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Yes the opponents were all non playoff teams, but the Wild ended the 2016-17 regular season with four straight victories and in the process, established new franchise marks in both wins (49) and points (106).

The regular season is now in the past and the only records that will matter are the playoff series wins and losses. Hockey is the ultimate team game and that is no more evident than looking at the leading scorer.

Only Connor McDavid was able to reach the century plateau in points, and no player hit 50 goals this season, even though overall scoring was up slightly this year. In order to be successful teams need to be able to count on their third and fourth line players to contribute more offensively.

The Wild improved the offensive output by an impressive 60 goals (266) for under Bruce Boudreau while maintaining their stingy defense allowing just 2 more goals than last season at 208.

The young guys stepped up and the additions of Eric Staal (team leading 28 goals to go along with 65 points), and Chris Stewart 13 goals and 21 points rounded the Wild offense into the second highest scoring team in the league.

The Penguins won the 2016 Stanley Cup, due in large part to how their depth players contributed. Yes they had Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin, but they do not win the Cup without the strong overall play from each of their four lines.

The Wild have four very good lines and can play the game any way their opponent wants to play. That said they are much better when they dictate the game and don't try to match the game of the opposition.

The greatest tournament of the year, starts for the Wild on Wednesday night. Next up the Blues and Mike Yeo at the Xcel.

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 10:47 pm