Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Minnesota Wild

jedi17
    jedi17

Minnesota Wild  Empty Minnesota Wild

Post by jedi17 Wed 07 Jun 2017, 7:50 pm

Trading Brodin Would Be a Mistake
    June 7, 2017, 2:15 PM ET [17 Comments]
    Dan Wallace
    Minnesota Wild Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Rumors are flying daily as the expansion draft draws closer, with the latest name in the rumor mill being Jonas Brodin.

Brodin is an established NHL blueline with four years left on a very cap friendly deal. He is a calming presence in the Wild lineup, with a consistent approach regardless of his defensive partner. He can play powerplay and penalty kill and eat up minutes.

At 23 years of age Brodin is just now beginning to scratch the surface of his true potential.

That said if Brodin is the player to be moved rather than letting him go for nothing to Vegas, the return better be strong.

I still feel a better deal would be for Fletcher to trade Spurgeon, who is coming off a career year which saw him record career highs in assists (28), points (38), and plus/minus (+33).

Spurgeon is a right handed shot defenseman, which makes his value that much greater on the trade market. His contract at just under 5.2 million per season for the next three seasons would free up cap room for Fletcher as needs to get Granlund, Niederreiter, and Haula re-signed not to mention Schroeder and Folin.

Spurgeon is the guy that can fetch the best return, as the talk has been the Wild will have to expose Brodin. Brodin also has a better up side than Spurgeon and is four years younger.

Creativity is required when making any move leading into the protection period and expansion draft.

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 5:24 pm