Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Qatar sells stake in Russian oil giant

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Qatar sells stake in Russian oil giant Empty Qatar sells stake in Russian oil giant

Post by Rocky Sat 09 Sep 2017, 3:49 am

[size=30]Qatar sells stake in Russian oil giant[/size]
    09/09/2017 09:51 | Number of readings: 82
    font size: Qatar sells stake in Russian oil giant Font_decrease Qatar sells stake in Russian oil giant Font_enlarge
    Qatar sells stake in Russian oil giant Thumbnail.php?file=58c25a42c46188e94d8b45a6_298914939
    [rtl]Trend Press / Agencies[/rtl]
    [rtl]An alliance of the Qatar Investment Authority and Glencore has signed a deal with Chinese energy company Civec to sell a 14.16% stake in Rosneft, in which the Russian government holds a controlling stake.[/rtl]

[rtl]After completing the deal, the alliance will still own a 5.2% stake in the Russian company, including 0.5% for Glencore and 4.7% for Qatar Investment Authority.[/rtl]

[rtl]A statement issued by Glencore, a Swiss commodity trading firm, published on the London Stock Exchange on Friday said its shares in Rosneft would be sold to the Chinese company at a price that is 16 percent higher than the average price per share for the past 30 days.[/rtl]

[rtl]"The deal is an important event for us, as it is the final structure of the investors for our company," Igor Sechin, president of Rosneft, confirmed the deal. Sechin also expressed his satisfaction that the Chinese company had bought a stake in Rosneft from the consortium.[/rtl]

[rtl]Following the release of the statement, the share price of "Ross Oil" by 16:12 Moscow time (13:12 GMT) increased by 3.19%, or by 9.75 rubles, to 315.75 rubles.[/rtl]

[rtl]The deal comes about nine months after Glencore and Qatar Investment Authority acquired a stake in the Russian oil giant. In early December, the consortium bought a 19.5 percent stake in Rosneft for 692 billion rubles 11 billion dollars), as part of the privatization of the Russian government of some of its assets.[/rtl]

[rtl]The company includes a group of shareholders along with the Russian government, BP, Glencore and Qatar Investment Authority.[/rtl]

Current date/time is Mon 13 May 2024, 10:39 am