Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

UNAMI publishes a report on the assassinations of activists and protesters: Interviews with 80 perso

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

UNAMI publishes a report on the assassinations of activists and protesters: Interviews with 80 perso Empty UNAMI publishes a report on the assassinations of activists and protesters: Interviews with 80 perso

Post by Rocky Mon 31 May 2021, 7:49 am

[size=36][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Baghdad - IQ  
    On Sunday (May 30, 2021), the United Nations Mission in Iraq (UNAMI) published a new report on the assassinations of Iraqi activists and demonstrators since the demonstrations of October 2019, until recently.
    The UNAMI report, which was reviewed by  IQNEWS , is looking into "accountability for human rights violations and abuses committed by unidentified armed elements."
    The report was based on 80 personal interviews with “persons with direct and indirect knowledge of the accountability and compensation process,” including protesters, activists, advocates, and others working in areas related to accountability and demonstrations.
    UNAMI quoted the father of one of the protesters killed in Baghdad in October 2019, who met him in March 2021: “We all know who the killers are. But do you think that the authorities dare to mention their names? (...) The government knows exactly who they are. They are the killers ... Do you think that I can believe that within a year and a half the state has not been able to find the killers? They have all the power and resources to do so. "
    It also quoted a judge I met last March as saying, "Criminal accountability cannot be achieved without the presence of a strong political will and government."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Mon 13 May 2024, 7:38 am