Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Shakir's Iraq promotion ends Maradona speculations

chouchou
    chouchou

Shakir's Iraq promotion ends Maradona speculations Empty Shakir's Iraq promotion ends Maradona speculations

Post by chouchou Sun 30 Dec 2012, 9:29 am

(Reuters) -

Iraq football association has promoted Hakeem Shakir to the head coach's post, ending speculations of a possible appointment of Diego Maradona for the job.

Shakir, 49, who guided Iraq to the final of this year's AFC under-19 Championship in the United Arab Emirates, had been in temporary charge of the national side
    since Brazilian Zico resigned in November.

The Iraq football association on Friday confirmed Shakir's appointment, the Asian Football Confederation said on its website ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Earlier this month, an agent representing Maradona said that the Argentine great, former coach of UAE side Al Wasl and now their consultant, was excited at the prospect of a chance to lead Iraq to the 2014 World Cup finals in Brazil.

Former England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson of Sweden was also in the fray to take over the reins of the Middle Eastern country, the agent said.

Shakir's first assignment after his full-time appointment will be the Gulf Cup starting in Bahrain next week.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Mon 13 May 2024, 11:34 am