Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Sanders backers react to him endorsing Clinton: ‘Worse than being punched in the gut’

Lobo
    Lobo

endorsing - Sanders backers react to him endorsing Clinton: ‘Worse than being punched in the gut’   Empty Sanders backers react to him endorsing Clinton: ‘Worse than being punched in the gut’

Post by Lobo Wed 13 Jul 2016, 7:51 pm

Sanders backers react to him endorsing Clinton: ‘Worse than being punched in the gut’        

Young Turks host Cenk Uygur tried to reassure supporters of Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) on Tuesday after the lawmaker endorsed Hillary Clinton as the Democratic Party’s presidential nominee.
    “To all of you out there: it’s not the end of the dream — this is the beginning,” Uygur said, adding, “Yes, he happened to lose this election. That doesn’t mean we stop fighting. I would redouble our energy.”
    Sanders appeared alongside the former secretary of state in in Portsmouth, New Hampshire earlier in the day, saying that she “will make an outstanding president.”
    But one of the senator’s supporters, who identified herself as Britney — a self-described “black sheep” in a family of Donald Trump supporters — was not as enthusiastic about Clinton in an interview at the event with Turks reporter Jordan Chariton.
    “In the moment, it felt worse than being punched in the gut,” said Brittney. “I felt like I got the wind knocked out of me. I believe in Bernie Sanders with every fiber of my being. When you come across something so truthful and pure you want to hope to God that people will see that, and that good will win, and then he realized that, you know, it doesn’t.”

While Britney was distraught, another Sanders voter, who identified himself as Henry, told Chariton that he left the event before the Vermont legislator because he “couldn’t take” Clinton’s supporters.
    “We are not united,” he said. “Hillary Clinton represents the utmost in corruption. She is a scion of Wall Street. Bernie Sanders is against all the Wall Street corruption. By his coming out in support of her it violates, I believe, the integrity of who he represented. So I can no longer support Bernie Sanders.”
    While disagreeing with Henry, Uygur argued that Clinton’s older supporters would reject that characterization of her because they don’t see her as an “establishment” candidate.
    “They’ll say, ‘You can’t call her corrupt like that. She just does what every other politician does,'” Uygur said. “But that’s exactly Henry’s point and he’s tired of it. The whole country is tired of it. So when you say she’s no worse than any other politician, Henry’s screaming at you, ‘Yes!'”http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/sanders-backers-react-to-him-endorsing-clinton-worse-than-being-punched-in-the-gut/

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 5:51 am