Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Norway wants non-binary gender passports - explanation following article

Lobo
    Lobo

Norway wants non-binary gender passports - explanation following article Empty Norway wants non-binary gender passports - explanation following article

Post by Lobo Thu 09 Feb 2017, 4:22 pm

Norway wants non-binary gender passports

Digital Shorts 3 hours

A member of the Norwegian Labour Party has recently stated that they want a third gender option for their passports.
    Mani Hussaini, who leads the Labour-affiliated Workers Youth League, said, “I believe all people should have the opportunity to live out their identity and then have to adapt the laws to reality and not vice versa…I am absolutely convinced that this is feasible.”
    If the Labour Party in Norway wins in the general election later this year, it is likely that the non-binary gender option will become standard form on official state document like passports.

http://www.theblaze.com/video/norway-wants-non-binary-gender-passports/
    Nonbinary gender

Norway wants non-binary gender passports - explanation following article 300px-Nbflag8
    The nonbinary flag
    Nonbinary gender is an umbrella term covering any gender identity that doesn't fit within the gender binary. The label may also be used by individuals wishing to identify as falling outside of the gender binary without being any more specific about the nature of their gender. This has some overlap with gender nonconforming, a label for individuals whose gender expression doesn't fit within the gender binary, without being any more specific about how their expression varies from it.
    As an umbrella term, nonbinary has similar scope to genderqueer, with most nonbinary-identifying individuals also considering themselves genderqueer. However the terms have different meanings and connotations. The word genderqueer came into use at least ten years before the word nonbinary, so earlier sources use one word in place of the other.

Contents

Nonbinary identities

There are many kinds of nonbinary gender identities. A few of the most common identities are:

• Agender people find that they have no inner sense of their gender identity.
    • Androgyne is a mix of male and female, or in between.
    • Bigender people often change between genders, or are both at once.
    • Genderfluid people feel they have different gender identities at different times.
    • Genderqueer is a non-normative gender identity or expression.
    • Neutrois is a gender neither female nor male, but gender neutral.
    • Nonbinary is an umbrella term for all who don't identify as just female or male all the time.

For more, see a list of nonbinary identities. In addition, many cultural traditions recognize more genders than the Western gender binary: see gender-variant identities worldwide.

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 9:05 am