Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Los Angeles Kings

jedi17
    jedi17

Los Angeles Kings  Empty Los Angeles Kings

Post by jedi17 Wed 29 Mar 2017, 5:11 pm

Kings of Comedy
    March 29, 2017, 3:40 PM ET [9 Comments]
    Sheng Peng
    Los Angeles Kings Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT

You might be surprised by who's come up aces for the Kings during their post-Trade Deadline, 5-6-1 bust which has dropped them off the playoff table.

Would you believe Anze Kopitar?

The tarnished star leads Los Angeles with five goals since the Deadline.

All season long, everybody from Dean Lombardi to Gustl has been waiting for the eight-time 20-goal scorer to heat up. And when he does, at the boiling point of the year...pretty much everybody else goes cold:

photo Capture_zpskqoxppyo.png

That, by the way, is a grand total of 25 goals in 12 crucial contests -- five of which came in one game against Winnipeg.

Kopitar is followed by Jarome Iginla, who's provided a boost which most (including myself) did not expect.

None of this is to excuse Kopitar for his relatively unproductive season or Lombardi for adding just Iginla up front at the Deadline. And this isn't to take anything away from Jeff Carter and Tanner Pearson, who have carried LA's scoring load for most of the year. I realize that I'm focusing on an unfairly small sample size.

It's just something else to laugh about in a season which has strained the senses.

Here's one final statistical tidbit for your amusement: Since the Trade Deadline, the "scorching-hot" Kopitar has a team-worst 7.65 Individual Corsi For/60 and 2.09 Individual Scoring Chances/60, All Situations. The ever-selective shooter is attempting less shots than each member of his blueline.

Naturally, among LA's leaders in iCF60 and iSCF60 during this stretch are Jeff Carter (21.02, 5.66) and Andy Andreoff (17.96, 4.49), who have one empty net goal between them.

Don't try so hard, I guess?

Andreoff, of course, is scoreless in 33 games this season. Carter has just two empty net goals in his last 20.

I can't help but think of the Greek myth Sisyphus when thinking about LA's scoring struggles. Essentially, the gods punished King Sisyphus by forcing him to push a boulder up a hill for eternity. Every time he reached the top, the boulder would roll back down to the bottom.

photo sisyphus_zpshxrmimia.jpg

Just imagine this boulder as a big fat zero on the scoreboard.

It's been that kind of year for the Kings.

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 10:10 am