Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

2 posters

Standard Chartered plans Iraq Expansion

chouchou
    chouchou

Standard Chartered plans Iraq Expansion Empty Standard Chartered plans Iraq Expansion

Post by chouchou Wed 21 Aug 2013, 11:29 am

UK-based bank Standard Chartered is counting on the assistance of the British government to help it to open branches in Iraq by the end of the year, according to a report from The National.

The newspaper says the company plans to open three branches in the next eighteen months, to tap into the business generated from reconstruction.

US banks including Citibank and JPMorgan Chase have both recently announced investments in the country, although HSBC announced plans to[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Dar Es Salaam Investment Bank (DES).

We are planning to open three branches in Iraq, Baghdad, Erbil during the fourth quarter of 2013 and then Basra during 2014, subject to regulatory approvals,” a spokesman for Standard Chartered said.

The bank has already submitted its branch licence application to the regulators in Iraq. Our main aim is to meet the increasing banking needs of our global network clients in Iraq, notably in the power, oil, telecoms and infrastructure sectors.

It has run a representative office in Erbil since 2006 but is looking to expand its presence and hire “significant numbers” of local Iraqis.

The British embassy is said to be taking an active role in assisting the bank, by facilitating negotiations with the Baghdad and Erbil.

US’s Citibank established a representative office in Baghdad this year, while JPMorgan has deepened ties with the Trade Bank of Iraq (TBI).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Standard Chartered plans Iraq Expansion Empty Re: Standard Chartered plans Iraq Expansion

Post by Neno Wed 21 Aug 2013, 11:33 am

The more showing confidents to do business in Iraq, the more secure my thoughts get for a valve to come to Iraqi... ;)

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 12:43 pm