Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Saudi banks freeze more than 1,200 accounts under corruption investigations

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Saudi banks freeze more than 1,200 accounts under corruption investigations Empty Saudi banks freeze more than 1,200 accounts under corruption investigations

Post by Rocky Wed 08 Nov 2017, 2:19 am

[size=30]Saudi banks freeze more than 1,200 accounts under corruption investigations[/size]
    08/11/2017 09:24 | Number of readings:
    font size:  Saudi banks freeze more than 1,200 accounts under corruption investigations Font_decrease  Saudi banks freeze more than 1,200 accounts under corruption investigations Font_enlarge
     Saudi banks freeze more than 1,200 accounts under corruption investigations Thumbnail.php?file=5a01c4a395a597c93a8b4567_652050466
    Trend Press / Agencies

Saudi banks have frozen more than 1,200 bank accounts for individuals and companies in the kingdom as part of a government crackdown on corruption, bankers and lawyers said on Wednesday.
    The number is expected to rise after dozens of princes, ministers and businessmen were detained on Saturday night as part of an investigation by a new anti-corruption commission headed by Saudi Crown Prince Prince Mohammed bin Salman, bankers and lawyers said.
    The sources said the central bank ordered banks to freeze the accounts of persons under investigation. The sources said the number of accounts covered by the freeze may be estimated at hundreds, but the sources did not mention the names, which were included in the freeze.
    One banker said the central bank had met with some foreign banks this week to reassure them that the freezing of accounts was aimed at individuals, and companies associated with these people would not be harmed.
    According to available information, 11 Emirs, four ministers and dozens of former ministers are among the detainees, including Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, the most famous Saudi international investor.
    The list of charges under investigation includes money-laundering, bribery, extortion of officials and exploitation of the job, for personal gain, according to a Saudi official.

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 11:06 am