Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

2 posters

Chicago bracing for summer 'bloodbath'

Lobo
    Lobo

Chicago bracing for summer 'bloodbath' Empty Chicago bracing for summer 'bloodbath'

Post by Lobo Sat 28 May 2016, 7:47 pm

Chicago bracing for summer 'bloodbath'

Pastors stand up against violence in failed Democrat city

Published: 5 hours ago

With the arrival of summer fun in Chicago – beaches, fireworks, downtown events – comes the arrival of something far more sinister: increased violence.

In the Windy City, the holiday weekend traditionally ushers in a spike in shootings and homicides across a city already known for its brutality. Despite the strict gun laws, community leaders and city officials are grappling with a rise in gun violence, leaving neighborhoods traumatized and city officials baffled how to control it.

The bloodshed is personal to pastors who minister among gangs, drug violence and turf warfare. Rev. Ira Acree of the Greater St. John Bible Church has received suggestions from desperate or grief-stricken parishioners for the National Guard to take over and patrol Chicago’s streets

“Unless something radical takes place, it’s going to be a blood bath this summer,” said Mr. Acree. He said he was bracing himself for the coming months.

“If something doesn’t change, if we don’t get jobs for these kids, if we don’t change the economic situation, I’m worried that we could be looking at a blood bath,” said the Rev. Corey Brooks, a pastor on the city’s South Side, a mostly African-American area where some of the shootings have been concentrated. “If something doesn’t happen, I fear that we’re potentially looking at one of the worst summers we’ve ever had.”

Violence has surged in Chicago in 2016. In the first three months, statistics showed 131 people had been killed, an 84 percent rise over the same period last year. Five months into the year, at least 233 people have been killed.

Chicago is the nation’s third-largest city, but its homicide rate is greater than New York or Los Angeles. During 2015’s Memorial Day weekend, 46 people were shot and 14 killed.

The violence is compounded a crisis in law enforcement. Police departments are mired in problems involving officer conduct and discipline. Distrust of the police runs high, especially in the African-American community which makes up about one-third of Chicago’s population.

Mayor Rahm Emanuel faces the challenges of addressing low morale among officers, tamping down a flood of crime, and repairing frayed relations among citizens.

“I’m really tired of it, and tired of worrying,” said Gloria Johnson, 37, in March. “But it seems like this year is just the worst of the worst.”

Ms. Johnson serves food in Austin, a particularly violent neighborhood. She bears a long scar on her elbow from a gunshot wound from 10 years before.

“The police say much of the violence in this city of about 2.7 million people is tied to gangs, which have become disorganized and have splintered into more factions,” reports the New York Times. “While shootings along Lake Shore Drive and near a W Hotel not far from Chicago’s Gold Coast have drawn notice, most of those dying are young men on the South and West Sides, the police say. Back-and-forth acts of violence between groups, often using guns, are common. And the authorities say threats are increasingly delivered through social media (a notion some officers here have begun referring to as ‘cyberbanging’), perhaps speeding up the pace of retaliation.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/05/chicago-bracing-for-possible-bloodbath/#8v8QXbziEKKvG0oV.99
    fonz1951
    fonz1951
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Chicago bracing for summer 'bloodbath' Empty Re: Chicago bracing for summer 'bloodbath'

Post by fonz1951 Sat 28 May 2016, 8:28 pm

declare martial law in chicago?

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 9:33 am