Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

US intelligence calls for "free army" to stop fighting southeast of Syria

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

US intelligence calls for "free army" to stop fighting southeast of Syria Empty US intelligence calls for "free army" to stop fighting southeast of Syria

Post by Rocky Mon 11 Sep 2017, 3:21 am

US intelligence calls for "free army" to stop fighting southeast of Syria

The Syrian opposition and diplomatic sources said on Sunday that the CIA asked two groups of Syrian opposition armed forces of the Free Army to stop fighting in southeastern Syria, according to Reuters.
    "The CIA and neighboring countries, including Jordan and Saudi Arabia, have asked them to end the fighting in the region," the group said.
    "There is an official request to withdraw from the Badia," said Badr al-Din Salama, an official in the Eastern Lions, one of the largest opposition groups in the region and receiving military aid from the US-led coalition.
    Since early this year, the Syrian opposition has been able to expel the terrorist organization "Da'ash" from a large area of ​​low-lying land, about 50 kilometers southeast of Damascus, on the border with Jordan and up to the Iraqi border.
    But an attack by the Syrian army and a Russian air cover surrounded the opposition and erased its gains.
    In recent weeks, the army has regained a range of border points with Jordan after abandoning it in the early years of the war.
    Western diplomatic sources said the request was linked to a decision by US President Donald Trump's administration in July to stop the CIA's program of equipping and training the Syrian opposition, which is fighting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
    The CIA program began in 2013, as part of the efforts of the previous administration under the leadership of Barack Obama to overthrow the Syrian president.
    But Trump's current administration says its strategy in Syria is now focused on defeating the "dashing".

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 12:53 am