Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

New president of Boeing after the "737 Max" aircraft crisis

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

New president of Boeing after the "737 Max" aircraft crisis Empty New president of Boeing after the "737 Max" aircraft crisis

Post by Rocky Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:43 am

New president of Boeing after the "737 Max" aircraft crisis

New president of Boeing after the "737 Max" aircraft crisis 18433

Economy News - Baghdad
    The American Boeing Aerospace Group announced the immediate resignation of its CEO, Dennis Muellenburg, after months of criticism of his management of the "737 Max" aircraft crisis, which was the worst in the history of the American group of aerospace industries to be succeeded by his successor David Calhoun.
    "The board decided that a change of management became necessary to restore confidence in the group at a time when it was trying to improve relations with regulatory authorities, customers and all other interested parties," Boeing said in a statement.
    Calhoun, 62, has held executive and non-executive management positions in several groups, including General Electric. "I strongly believe in the future of Boeing and the 737 MAX aircraft, and I am honored to manage this large group and its 150,000 dedicated employees working for the future of aviation," he said in a statement.
    The group's chief financial officer, Greg Smith, will take on the agency’s management function until January 13, when Calhoun takes office.
    The duties of Muylenburg, 55, were cut back in October, when he lost his status as group chairman. The position was assumed by the then independent director of Calhoun.
    Boeing affirmed that it would "work under the new administration with a renewed commitment to total transparency, including effective and active communication with the Federal Aviation Administration and other regulatory authorities in the world and with its customers," stressing that Calhoun has "extensive experience in this industry" and experience as a company president.
    "The sack of Dennis Muellenburg has been waiting for a long time," said congressional Transportation Committee Chairman Piner de Fazio. "With his administration, the long-admired group made devastating decisions suggesting that making profits is more important than safety," he added.
    The two Boeing 737 MAX crashes in less than five months plunged Boeing into the most serious crisis in its history. And in a decision unprecedented in the history of modern aviation, all the global fleet of these planes has been prevented from flying since March 13.
    The accident of a plane belonging to the airline "Line Air" at the end of October and Ethiopian Airlines on the tenth of March in similar circumstances resulted in the death of 346 people. Investigations indicated a defect in one of the information systems.
    The corrections have not yet been approved, while there are other glitches, so no date has been set for the aircraft to be re-run.
    Technical and administrative investigations, on the other hand, indicated that there are gaps in the procedures for certifying the validity of the Boeing 737 MAX aircraft and the close relations with the regulatory authorities.
    - "I and the group are responsible" -
    The families of the victims and the passengers have long been demanding the departure of Muylenburg, criticizing the way he managed this crisis, especially after he held the pilots in the first stage responsible for the accidents.
    But Muehlenburg resisted these problems and reiterated during a public session in Congress at the end of October that his father "taught him not to flee from difficulties." At that time, he tried to express a different position, stressing that he would never forget the victims.
    He said, "My company and I are responsible, and we realize that we have to improve."
    Boeing was then convinced that the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) would allow Max planes to fly again before the end of the year. But the agency said more than nine months after its decision to ban the operation of these planes, it wanted more time.
    "We continue to work with other international regulatory authorities for air traffic control to study the proposed changes to the plane," she stressed in a statement, stressing that "our first priority is peace and we have not set a date for the end of these procedures."
    However, the administration refused to comment on Muilenburg's resignation.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:40 am