Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

3 posters

How the Buffalo Bills are gradually making America sad and broke

jedi17
    jedi17

How the Buffalo Bills are gradually making America sad and broke Empty How the Buffalo Bills are gradually making America sad and broke

Post by jedi17 Sat 31 Dec 2016, 8:51 pm

How the Buffalo Bills are gradually making America sad and broke

In 1990, I was a wide-eyed teenager watching my Buffalo Bills advance to the Super Bowl.  Long gone were my Steelers polyester pajamas that for some reason as a child I thought was my team. Most likely, this was due to having only three channels on the television and the Buffalo Bills were prior to that time, terrible.
    There is no need to reminisce about the Super Bowl years. If you are reading this you fully understand what those teams of the early 90’s meant to Buffalo.
    For the youngsters who have only seen the once great Jim Kelly become a shell of his former self on the sidelines, a once terror in Bruce Smith whom is now as polite and as respectful gentleman you’ll ever meet, and a Stadium that has less amenities than those of some High School fields in the South I have nothing but respect. The main issue about these losses are that they continue to ruin lives and bank accounts to this very day.
    AROUND COVER32
    QB Rankings: Who’s at the top as the season draws to a close?
    NFL Mailbag: Who’s facing the most offseason questions
    Winners and Losers: Christmas came early for several teams this weekend
    Bills News: An open letter to the Bills players, owners, and staff
    Follow us on Twitter here
    Now say what you will. How is it possible activities that occurred some 25 years ago affect anyone at this point? It’s certainly physically and mentally affected so many players of that era and will continue to in perpetuity. But what about the fans?
    The fans that showed up and continue to show up will all go to any length to see their team each and every Sunday. The Buffalo Bills Organization have for the most part been a gaggle of losers since the mid 1990’s. And so are the diehards, like myself, that will never let go.
    I no longer live in Buffalo. I haven’t for quite some time. However, I did attend just about every game during the so called “glory years”.  As recently as five years ago during a stint living in Detroit, I bought out a friends season tickets.
    We drove round trip for every game. From Detroit. To see Trent Edwards. That was not inexpensive, but the only way to see the game. Where is the payoff now? Not necessarily for me but for all fans that have left the City – and we know it’s millions at this point – yet continue to pay for mediocrity?
    Enter NFL Ticket. What a perfect ploy. Now we can all tune in to watch the Bills throw yet another season away. This is no small cost for those who subscribe. This no small cost for all of the Buffalo themed bars around the USA for transplants. It’s no small cost for anyone. It’s akin to paying to be depressed; a reverse therapist if you will.
    In Buffalo we win and lose together. If you leave, you pay. Watching from home around the country, there is no one to share the fandom with good or bad. Losses such as this year are like losing a loved one that lives so far away that you are unable to attend the funeral. Yet you still pay for it. Both mentally and financially.
    When you look at the amount of money that has recently been spent to make people go away – The Ryans, Marrone – and the ridiculous signings of washout handouts – yes Mr. Harvin I’m calling you out – it makes the long distance fan feel even further away. Yet when the bill comes next year we’ll be right there supporting the Bills losing habit that it just can’t shake.

Can the Buffalo Bills as an Organization pull up out of this trajectory into the surface of the Sun? Given the amount of cash the owners are willing to infuse, they must find a way.  Please remember ownership, when Buffalo is in the L column it’s not only affecting Western New York, it’s affecting all of us. Out here in the world because we simply couldn’t stay.  Paying to be sad and disappointed.
    zimi31
    zimi31
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

How the Buffalo Bills are gradually making America sad and broke Empty Re: How the Buffalo Bills are gradually making America sad and broke

Post by zimi31 Sat 31 Dec 2016, 9:50 pm

Wow, sad but true!!! Having been a supporter for many years, it's difficult to understand, that we have been in this place for so long....
    Tiffany
    Tiffany
    Dedicated Investor
    Dedicated Investor

How the Buffalo Bills are gradually making America sad and broke Empty Re: How the Buffalo Bills are gradually making America sad and broke

Post by Tiffany Sat 31 Dec 2016, 10:08 pm

zimi31 wrote:Wow, sad but true!!! Having been a supporter for many years, it's difficult to understand, that we have been in this place for so long....
    Oh my gosh zimi, I hear ya! Whyyyyyyyyyy can't they get into the playoffs?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 3:32 am