Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Buffalo Bills: Things we know this week

jedi17
    jedi17

Buffalo Bills: Things we know this week Empty Buffalo Bills: Things we know this week

Post by jedi17 Mon 26 Dec 2016, 7:46 pm

Buffalo Bills: Things we know this week

Merry (Belated) Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of the numb disappointed, yet chins remain up, Cover 32 reader’s out there in Buffalo Bills country. A boisterous shout out to the ‘never for one moment dull or lacking opinions, so very passionate members of the Bills Mafia.
    This large group, multi-thousands in number, of loyal Bills fans may all have different opinions on players, coaches or strategies, but all share the same feeling in that it is a rather disappointing day thanks to the Bills loss to Miami, although I do not think a rival really exists in a 17 year marathon of failing to qualify for the playoffs, not even as a wildcard.
    I was a huge Rex Ryan supporter when he was hired, very excited to have a big name expensive coach for a change, the first since Chuck Knox. Marv Levy became a big name in Buffalo and all others to follow failed to get the team to the post season except Wade Phillips, a man who has never been able to make it as a big name in head coaching despite being dominate at the defensive coordinator position.
    I was not ready for Rex to go after one year into a five year contract hoping he would get the glitches on defense zipped up tight and the game management under control since he has the most assistants in the entire league to delegate responsibilities to. I continued to push this season for Rex to get a third year as many people bring up coaches that did not turn their team around until year number three.
    As the rumor swirled after the Pittsburgh loss that Rex would not survive the week, I bought into the fact that he would be professionally evaluated at the end of the season before any decision would be made. I was against blowing things up again, because I was listening to leaders on the team proclaiming how close they are and starting over is not the way I want to go AGAIN and many players do not want to or have time left in the prime of their careers to accomplish.
    Too many of the young guys have very short careers to date, but yet have adjusted to multiple coordinators at their position as well as multiple head coaches to report to. That being said… enough is enough.
    Rex Ryan gets outcoached by rookie coaches, experienced coaches, NFC and AFC coaches, mishandles game management at times as bad as a professional possibly could and ultimately makes very poor decisions. He won a Super Bowl coaching on defense. He was an extremely successful coordinator on defense. He did go to two AFC championship games as a head coach with Mark Sanchez at Quarterback.
    After that though, nothing. He has regressed as a leader and head coach in his last several years in New York and his two years in Buffalo. He gets less organized and makes worse decisions. Miami should be an example that a rookie head coach, if selected properly, can be competitive without having to bottom out or take steps back before moving forward.
    From what they are saying on local radio and TV, the Pegulas were ready to dismiss Rex opening up the way for Lynn several weeks back, but Rex had a Birthday as well as the Christmas holiday in front of him, the likely reasons for why the Pegulas decided to hold off. So the Miami game did not factor in, but having a third game giving up over 200-yards to a running back when defense is his specialty, sealed his fate if indeed there was any chance of them reconsidering his employment being terminated.
    AROUND COVER32
    QB Rankings: Who’s rising as the temperatures are falling?
    Weekly Pick’ems: A weekend of holiday showdowns
    Power Rankings: The playoff picture is still hazy with two picks left
    Bills News: Buffalo will have money to spend in free agency
    Follow us on Twitter here
    I am not sure if he will be let go before the final game or if it will take place after the season is officially over, but every indication points to his dismissal as Anthony Lynn will be ready to step in for his promotion. Instead of some recycled mediocre coach that was another team’s trash, Lynn is here and comfortable already and the game against Miami broke offensive team records better than the Jim Kelly or OJ days on top of an already impressive resume since taking over after week two for Greg Roman.
    One final thing promoting Lynn does is that it secures his employment with the Bills. Already in the last couple of weeks, his name has been on lists to be interviewed for head coaching jobs. I am sorry Rex…you had me at hello. I love listening to you speak as you are entertaining. Whaley said or did nothing in interviews that would indicate any one at the executive level has Rex’s back as far as stating he has any job security.

Rex made enough money off of the Pegula family to retire a wealthy man, but will at some point surface on TV as an NFL analyst because when he talks, we all listen. Rex, even with his own shortcomings, will have absolutely no problem pointing out coaching mistakes on national TV that are being made. He has never been shy.
    From his filmed rants in the Jets locker room ending with a snack to dressing as his brother with a wig or wearing Clemson attire or sporting Buffalo Sabres gear, he loves the spotlight, but has to get it in another way other than that as a head coach if the NFL. Even after the embarrassing loss where he punted in overtime and gave up huge yardage by not having enough players on the field; Rex still showed up for his duty to politely answer all questions from the press working very hard to appear in somewhat of a presentable mood.
    I am not a Rex hater. I really was thrilled with the hire. It did not work out. My earlier beliefs in him deserving a third year to righten the ship was a mistake. I will miss Rex Ryan and that is the first time I could say that about a local coach since Marv Levy. The mental errors made by him and the team are not improving and he single handedly could have gotten this team over the hump and into the playoffs with the roster we have.
    We have the best rushing attack again and we do not turn over the ball. Right there alone should be enough. Doing just an adequate job, should get you to the Promised Land. That land is a wild card spot — do not go thinking super bowls and getting silly.
    Rex will walk away wealthy, possibly keep his word that this would be his last coaching job and most likely not be invited to coach as a coordinator and start that TV career. When he is walking away, he needs to take Dan Carpenter with him which I need not elaborate on. We do not need to get nasty, but the guy has downgraded his kicking more than enough the past two seasons that and exit interview is in order.
    Things We Know About the Buffalo Bills This Week:
    We have been talking about it for weeks, but finally it is official. The Bills mathematically can not make the playoffs under any circumstance. You can crunch numbers and create scenarios, but the Bills move on to 17 years without a postseason game. How embarrassing. How depressing. Some might suggest that has been the case since September but I want to remain positive and think about the future.
    Looking past the fact that the Bills lost the game in overtime which is kind of pointless but, Buffalo had a 300-yard passing quarterback, a 100-yard receiver and a 100-yard rusher all in one game. Yes…the Bills from Buffalo. And they pulled out a loss in doing so. Impressive. NOT!!
    Charles Clay — two touchdowns against Dolphins — recorded the first three-game touchdown streak by a Bills tight end since Scott Chandler way back in 2011.
    Imagine that… Mario Williams did not start as a healthy Dolphin.

Former Bill Kraig Urbik started at center for Miami.

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 11:16 am