Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Flash flood and mudslide hit northwest Macedonia: at least 4 people died, 12 injured

Lobo
    Lobo

Flash flood and mudslide hit northwest Macedonia: at least 4 people died, 12 injured Empty Flash flood and mudslide hit northwest Macedonia: at least 4 people died, 12 injured

Post by Lobo Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:47 am

Flash flood and mudslide hit northwest Macedonia: at least 4 people died, 12 injured Macedonia_flood

Flash flood and mudslide hit northwest Macedonia: at least 4 people died, 12 injured

Posted by Elena Ugrin on August 04, 2015
    Heavy rainstorm accompanied with strong winds caused two rivers to overflow in northwestern Macedonia, on August 3, 2015. The combined conditions resulted in a flash flood and mudslide that devastated the Polog region, claimed at least four lives, and left 12 people injured.
    Pena and Porojska river in Tetovo, the tributaries of river Vardar, overflew on Monday, August 3, flooding the roads and buildings across the region. Shipkovica and Golema Rechica reported the highest amount of damage.
    The mudslide that occurred in the area has blocked the road access to at least seven neighboring villages, while the rainstorm caused a bridge collapse and closed a road to Kosovo, Associated Press (AP) reported.

The location of Tetovo city at the base of the Sar Mountain and separated by the Pena river, makes it prone to both landslides from the mountain and the river flooding, according to Floodlist.
    A police spokesman in the Tetovo city, Marjan Josifovski, described the storm as the worst to hit the region in more than a decade.
    Heavy rainfall is still forecasted across the western and eastern parts of Macedonia over the next 24h.
    Featured image: Flash flood hits Macedonia, August 3, 2015. Image credit: Radio Free Europe
    http://thewatchers.adorraeli.com/2015/08/04/flash-flood-and-mudslide-hit-northwest-macedonia-at-least-4-people-died-12-injured/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+adorraeli%2FtsEq+%28The+Watchers+-+watching+the+world+evolve+and+transform%29

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:09 am