Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Boston Bruins

jedi17
    jedi17

Boston Bruins Empty Boston Bruins

Post by jedi17 Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:36 pm

Bruins steamroll Red Wings for 6-1 win
    March 9, 2017, 5:09 AM ET [34 Comments]
    Ty Anderson
     Boston Bruins Bos Boston Bruins Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Be sure to 'like' Hockeybuzz on Facebook!

The Boston Bruins took a little bit longer to get going against the Detroit Red Wings than they would have liked on Wednesday at TD Garden, but once they did, they could not be stopped. 

In what began as a somewhat sleepy start for the Black and Gold, the Bruins pummeled three pucks through Red Wings netminder Jared Coreau in the opening 13 minutes of the first period, chased him in favor of Petr Mrazek, and then hung another three up on Mrazek in a 6-1 win for the Bruins. 

“We looked like we wanted to play but the puck wasn’t cooperating with us, or our hands were a little out of sync. I didn’t think we were in a bad spot and I thought we were ready to go, we just fought the puck,” Bruins interim head coach Bruce Cassidy, whose team improved to 9-3-0 since he took over, said of his team’s slow start. “You hope that’s not going to last 60 minutes and we got it together. Scoring the first goal helps that – helps you relax, puts the other team on their heels. Even more when they’ve played the night before, they’re on the road so all those things add up.”

Up 4-0 through after the first period behind goals from David Krejci, Brad Marchand, Drew Stafford, and a second from Krejci -- the second somehow prettier than the first as a two-man forecheck with No. 46 and David Pastrnak created enough havoc for a four-man Wings unit to turn the puck over twice in the d-zone -- the Bruins extended their edge to 5-0 in the second on a Marchand breakaway. 

The Wings brought themselves back within four by the end of the second period thanks to Niklas Kronwall, but a Pastrnak one-time re-established the B’s five-goal edge, and the score held as the game’s final thanks to a 26-of-27 performance from Boston goaltender Tuukka Rask. 

The game was also the perfect bounce-back from a squad that’s yet to lose consecutive games under Cassidy, with three wins and 13 goals scored compared to just four allowed in those games. 

“Just looking forward,” Cassidy said of the keys of rebounding. “We’ve talked about not letting those things bother you – bad shifts, bad periods. It’s easier said than done but if you start building that you’re not going to harp on what happened yesterday – we’re going to learn from it. We did do video after the video after the Ottawa game, there are areas we have to correct. We’re not just going to brush everything away. But we do have to have a mentality and be forward thinkers in that regard.”

This and that

- Another night, another goal for Brad Marchand. This run for the 28-year-old is straight-up incredible when you really think about it. 22 goals and 38 points (both league highs) in his last 26 games. It’s a run that’s tied No. 63 with Evgeni Malkin, Sidney Crosby, and Patrick Kane for the second-most points in the NHL, and just four points away from Connor McDavid for the most in the entire NHL. 

“I mean, it’s hard to score in this league, but when you’re that tenacious and hard on the puck and have it that much, you’re going to get your chances,” Cassidy said of Marchand. “I guess you can say some games – some years – they go in and sometimes they don’t. He is finishing better on breakaways it looks. He has more confidence in that area, in different moves. And he’s going to get his share with his speed and the way the game is played now. Teams press up, you can certainly catch them. But he is streaky and let’s enjoy his streak right now and hopefully he keeps it going because he certainly deserves it. He’s earned his chances to score with his tenacity on the puck.”

- It’s just three games, I know, but if he can continue to produce at anything close to this rate and serve as the fill-in on the right side of the third line or left side of the second line that the Bruins painfully needed, Drew Stafford for a sixth-round draft pick may go down as Don Sweeney’s best trade. I know there’s not a ton of competition in that regard, but this player has fit in and then some.

- Lost in the shuffle of a six-goal outburst? A strong defensive game from the Bruins. The Red Wings finished the night with 27 shots on Tuukka Rask, but none seemed to come from prime scoring areas, and their lone goal was a bizarre shot that seemed to find the right angle through traffic. 

Up next

The Bruins return to the rink Saturday afternoon against the Flyers. It will be the season series finale between the B’s and Flyers. The B’s are 1-0-1 against Philly this season. 

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:36 am