Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

American military base in Kurdistan, near the Iranian border

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

American military base in Kurdistan, near the Iranian border Empty American military base in Kurdistan, near the Iranian border

Post by Rocky Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:31 am

American military base in Kurdistan, near the Iranian border 

BAGHDAD / Wi-News 

Sources in the government of the Kurdistan region of Iraq, about the intention of the United States of America converter silk Airport located near the city of Arbil, a military air base affiliates. 

The news agency Mehr quoted an official source, on condition of anonymity, as saying that "the provincial government began to unload the airport after they were informed of the American decision." 

The source pointed out that "the government will offload the airport within a week and that the subsidiaries of a foreign state will undertake to transport equipment to other areas of the airport." 

According to another official, speaking told Mehr and refused to disclose his identity, the "delegation of leaders from the Ministry of Peshmerga, and the leadership of the American forces have visited the place last September, and did so after an inspection four visits to the airport." 

Kurdish official said that "the region occupies a strategic importance being located near Turkey, Iran, and Syria," stressing that "there is no intention for the United States to re-use the airport as a base for its troops." 

It is worth mentioning that the airport Silk, was a military airfield in the era of the defunct Baathist regime in Iraq, while used by American forces as a military subordinate to it, after the fall of the Baath regime in 2003, and the airport is 60 kilometers from the Iranian border. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:00 am