Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

New York Rangers

jedi17
    jedi17

New York Rangers  Empty New York Rangers

Post by jedi17 Mon 03 Apr 2017, 7:59 pm

Game 79: NYR 4 PHI 3, Rangers clinch first Wild Card spot in the East
    April 3, 2017, 11:21 AM ET [115 Comments]
    Jan Levine
    New York Rangers Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    The Rangers played a solid game overall, defeating the Flyers 4-3 Sunday. The win was the Blueshirts' first at MSG since February 19 against the Capitals. With the victory, New York clinched the first Wild Card spot and also hit 100 points for the third straight season.

Better. Not perfect. But better. The own zone coverage still needs some work and the late game theatrics made what should have been a laugher too close for comfort. But there were signs of improvement, albeit with rough patches.

Dan Girardi had a rough first period. But I thought he might have been the team's best d-man the last two. Pinching and aggressive offensively when needed. Physical while also blocking shots to negate attacks. In addition, I liked his pairing with Brady Skjei and want to see more of it.

Henrik Lundqvist was strong. The two late goals he little chance of stopping. The first one he never saw due to screen in front by Nick Holden. PSA here, either block the hot or get the hell out of the way. The second goal came after G was marking three men and no one else was on that side of the ice to get Valtteri Filppula. On the first goal surrendered, another lousy own zone turnovers while Marc Staal and Kevin Klein marked their men but failed to get Filppula in front. Jimmy Vesey was in never land, allowing Filppula time and space to come out and beat Lundqvist. But Lundqvist's glove save on Claude Giroux'a shot across the game won the game for New York or it might have been an all-time collapse.

What more can you say about Mats Zuccarello? Sublime passing skills along with the patience to allow a play to develop and space to emerge. Three assists giving him 44 on the season to go along with 15 goals for a team leading 59 points. Zucc plays bigger than his diminutive size and is a leader on and off the ice. Now rest him one or two of the next three games so he is fresh for the playoffs.

Besides the goal, I thought Brendan Smith had a rough game. Defensively, he wasn't up to par and his overall game was bailed out by the goal. Great work to get inside position and keep going when he was hooked. Plus a beautiful forehand to backhand move for the tally, but that was his saving grace yesterday. For the Rangers to have a shot in the next round, Smith needs to be a lot better.

The fourth line had several good shifts. Tanner Glass was physical and better with and without the puck. The boarding call on him was incredibly weak. Oscar Lindberg scored, and even without the goal, was very good yesterday. Jesper Fast belongs on this line, which is where he should remain. I know Glass is a hot topic but he deserved to be in last night and should stay in Wednesday. I would sit Vesey, as he didn't do much to warrant playing Wednesday, and re-insert Pavel Buchnevich.

Chris Kreider was physical and created chances with that aggressive play, which resulted in at least one goal. Great tip by him on the Derek Stepan shot/pass for the game and screen on Mika Zibanejad's PPG. After the first PP, New York didn't do much on the man-advantage but the first goal was due to nice execution.

Now, AV can be smart with who he rests. Work on groupings and pairs to find the best chemistry. That is especially so on D, but don't play Ryan McDonagh unless he is 100%. Three games left and then the real season begins.

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 12:17 pm