Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Injured and 32 soldiers killed near Iraq

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Injured and 32 soldiers killed near Iraq Empty Injured and 32 soldiers killed near Iraq

Post by Rocky Sat 10 Nov 2018, 2:39 am

Injured and 32 soldiers killed near Iraq

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

announced that the Turkish Ministry of Defense , said 25 Turkish soldiers at least were wounded , and the loss of the impact of seven, after an artillery shell exploded accidentally at the base of the Turkish army in the province of Hakkari in the southeast of the country, according to the authorities. 

The ministry said the blast occurred during the "launch of ammunition of heavy caliber" at the base of Songo Tepe near the Turkish border with Iraq and Iran . 

Twenty-five soldiers were taken to hospital, but officials gave no details on the nature of their injuries

"Seven soldiers are still missing and an investigation has been opened," it said. 

In a preliminary statement, Hakkari provincial administration said a "defective" shell exploded during artillery fire. 

"It is an explosion inside an ammunition depot," she said in a statement. 

The statement pointed out that the governor of the province Idriss Ibeike visited the injured soldiers in the hospital. 

In an indication of the seriousness of what happened, Defense Minister Khulosi Akar and Chief of Staff Yasar Guler went to Hakkari, the largest city in the province of the same name. 

The base, where the explosion took place, is located in a remote and difficult mountainous area and is the scene of regular skirmishes between the Turkish armed forces and PKK elements near the Iraqi border. 

According to Turkish media, the wounded soldiers were transported by helicopters to the cities of Hakkari and Uksikova.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 2:01 pm