Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Washington warns Brussels over funding criteria for defense projects

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Washington warns Brussels over funding criteria for defense projects Empty Washington warns Brussels over funding criteria for defense projects

Post by Rocky Wed 15 May 2019, 1:29 am

Washington warns Brussels over funding criteria for defense projects

08:50 - 15/05/2019

Washington warns Brussels over funding criteria for defense projects 20161030_165452
    Information / Baghdad ..
    Washington has strongly criticized the European Union, warning that its plans to strengthen defense cooperation among its members could jeopardize decades of transatlantic cooperation and harm NATO.
    US Defense Department officials sent a letter on May 1 to the head of European diplomacy, Federica Mugherini, according to Agence France-Presse. The agency said it had obtained a copy, criticizing the criteria for funding European projects that deny US companies access to the funding.
    According to the letter, the proposed criteria "will not only damage the constructive relations between NATO and the European Union, which we have built together in recent years," but would also explore third EU allies, such as the United States, on European projects.
    The US letter was accompanied by a warning by US Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sundeland to Mujerini demanding that the letter be answered by June 10 under the United States' punitive measures.
    "I will be grateful for your reply by June 10, 2019," the US ambassador wrote, addressing Mugherini, a language that European officials have considered non-diplomatic at all.
    "I hope we can avoid thinking of similar courses of action," Ambassador Sunndland said in reference to his country's determination to impose punitive punitive measures.
    For her part, Mugherini told reporters that the European Union is "a clear and complete response" to the US message, stressing that the European market will remain open to US defense companies.
    "In fact, the EU is now open (on US defense exports) far more than the opening up of the US market to European companies and equipment," she said.
    She explained that the European Union does not have the law "Buy a European industry", and that about 81% of international contracts in Europe today go to American companies.

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 2:57 pm