Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Fuad Hussein: Nechirvan Barzani enjoys a close relationship with Al-Sudani and can play an important

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Fuad Hussein: Nechirvan Barzani enjoys a close relationship with Al-Sudani and can play an important Empty Fuad Hussein: Nechirvan Barzani enjoys a close relationship with Al-Sudani and can play an important

Post by Rocky Sat 04 Feb 2023, 5:11 am

POSTED ON[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] BY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=52]Fuad Hussein: Nechirvan Barzani enjoys a close relationship with Al-Sudani and can play an important role in Baghdad[/size]

[size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Iraqi Foreign Minister Fouad Hussein confirmed that the President of the Kurdistan Region, Nechirvan Barzani, enjoys a close relationship with the Iraqi Prime Minister, Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani, and can play an important role in Baghdad.[/size]
    [size=45]This came in an exclusive interview that Hussein A. gave while they were in the Swiss city of Davos, to attend the World Economic Forum, which bears the name of the Swiss city.[/size]
    [size=45]Hussein said, "Nechirvan Barzani enjoys a close relationship with Iraqi Prime Minister Muhammad Shia'a al-Sudani, and he can normalize relations between Baghdad and Erbil."[/size]
    [size=45]Hussein stated that the federal oil and gas law would solve most of the outstanding problems, adding that "the committee for the implementation of Article 140 will be activated, and the amount of 400 billion dinars will be sent through the Commercial Bank to the Kurdistan Region." In the same context, Hussein confirmed that "I will review the file of 400 billion dinars after my return to Iraq."[/size]
    [size=45]With regard to the decline in the value of the Iraqi dinar against the US dollar, and the drop in the exchange rate to more than 1,600 dinars per dollar, Hussein explained that it is difficult for the Iraqi dinar to face a crisis similar to the Lebanese pound and the Iranian riyal, noting that the Central Bank carefully monitors the supply of dollars in the Iraqi markets. .[/size]
    [size=45]He said, "The countries neighboring Iraq are suffering from a financial crisis. The United States suspects that the dollar is being sent illegally out of Iraq, and it wants to ensure that the dollar does not reach Iran and Russia easily."[/size]
    [size=45]The following is the text of the interview with the Iraqi foreign minister:[/size]
    [size=45]* Mr. Minister, thank you for this meeting. You are scheduled to visit the United States early next month. What will be your work program there?[/size]
    [size=45]Fuad Hussein: The visit will take place in the first week or at the end of the first week of next month, and the work program consists of a meeting with American officials, politicians and economists, during which we will discuss the political situation in Iraq, the oil and gas file, and the financial file, including the exchange rate of the dinar and the relationship of the Central Bank with the Federal Bank . All of these topics will be discussed.[/size]
    [size=45]* Why did the dinar price witness this decline against the dollar last week? Is this related to the measures taken by the United States towards the Central Bank of Iraq?[/size]
    [size=45]Fouad Hussein: This is related to several things, one of which is related to the procedures between the Central Bank of Iraq and the US Federal Bank. They demanded the creation of an electronic platform that reveals the size of the sums issued by the Central Bank and where they are going. This same platform prompted a reduction in the amount of dollars exported to the market, and when the supplied quantity of dollars decreases, of course, its price will rise. This is as a financial, political and legal measure.[/size]
    [size=45]Q: What is the political procedure related to, is it related to the embargo imposed by America on Iran?[/size]
    [size=45]Fuad Hussein: This is related to the fact that the dollar is an American currency, and the Americans feel that part of the dollar exported to Iraq goes to the countries under the American blockade, one of which is Iran.[/size]
    [size=45]Q: Is this related to Iraq's commitment to the blockade imposed on Iran?[/size]
    [size=45]Fuad Hussein: The issue is not related to Iraq's commitment to the blockade imposed by America on Iran, because we were not in favor of imposing the blockade on Iran. This is not the policy of Iraq, but rather the policy of the United States of America. You made them and you need dollars because you sell oil in dollars, and this dollar is transferred from one account to another in the US Federal Bank. They say that the procedures followed by them towards Iran and Russia are not being implemented, and if you do not monitor the funds exported to the market, that is why they have created an electronic platform that monitors the movement of the dollar within the market, the amount of money exported, where it goes, and who is its last user (End User).[/size]
    [size=45]* Do you think the dollar problem will be solved in the markets soon?[/size]
    [size=45]Fuad Hussein: It must be solved, because there is no financial problem in the first place, it is a procedural problem, i.e. the extent to which the Iraqi markets need dollars, because Iraq is in the end a spender of dollars, it is a country that imports all needs from abroad, except for oil and gas, and it must pay dues for all Imported materials are in dollars, so the dollar goes to the Iraqi market. But the question that arises is: What is the size of the dollar that the Iraqi markets need? There are days during which 220 million dollars were exported to the market. There are individuals who believe that the Iraqi market does not need more than 40 or 50 million dollars a day, and the question here is where does this 100 million go? The other $150 million?[/size]
    [size=45]Q: Does America believe that this amount goes outside Iraq?[/size]
    [size=45]Fuad Hussein: Not only Americans, but all economists are studying this issue, because there is a market. Let's look at the matter more broadly. The situation of the Iranian riyal (maymen) against the dollar is difficult, as well as the Turkish lira. As for the Syrian pound, it has turned into a mere piece of paper. The same applies to the Lebanese pound.[/size]
    [size=45]* There are fears that the Iraqi dinar will face the same thing.[/size]
    [size=45]Fuad Hussein: I am not talking about what will happen to other countries. This is a result of a group of internal and external crises and Russia's war with Ukraine, but you have a market for the dollar in Iraq, and there is money in the countries surrounding you, so it is natural for supply and demand to arise, and the more market movement increases, the lower the price of the dollar. And the less the movement, the higher the price, but the neighboring countries of Iraq suffer from financial (monetary) problems in front of the dollar, so inevitably part of the dollar in the Iraqi markets goes to other places. But the Americans now have a program that they will discuss with the Central Bank of Iraq.[/size]
    [size=45]* Does this mean that the Iraqi dinar will not face what the Iranian and Turkish-Syrian currencies faced? Because people are afraid of that.[/size]
    [size=45]Fuad Hussein: No, it will not happen. Because the financial capabilities of Iraq are good at the present time, second: the price of oil is good, third: oil is being sold in dollars, and there is an organic link between the Iraqi dinar and the dollar. Therefore, the Iraqi currency will not face what is preserved in the memory of Iraqis from the time of Saddam. This happened during the era of Saddam Hussein, but at that time the world was boycotting Iraq. Now there are no boycotts or sanctions, and Iraq enjoys good relations with the countries of the world and abroad. As I said, he sells oil, receives the price of oil in dollars, and has good financial reserves, so the financial situation of Iraq is good.[/size]
    [size=45]* Will the Iraqi Prime Minister, Muhammad Shia'a al-Sudani, visit the United States after you? Because the news spread.[/size]
    [size=45]Fuad Hussein: This matter has not been discussed. We will go and talk about the political situation, and this is the first time that an official from the current government has gone to Washington with this address. And the Americans wanted, of course, after holding the elections, to get acquainted with the Iraqi government and with its policy and the policy of the prime minister. When we go there, we will talk about the policy of this government as well, whether about economic policy, or policy related to neighboring countries, or relations with the United States. This visit comes to discuss a number of issues. . In fact, it will be within the framework of the existing strategic dialogue between us and the United States of America, which arose during the era of former President Trump, and we hope to conduct a broad dialogue with America within the framework of the strategic dialogue that we talked about, and we have completed four rounds of it so far.[/size]
    [size=45]* The President of the Kurdistan Region, Nechirvan Barzani, has good relations with the Prime Minister and the current Iraqi government. Do you think that this constitutes a supportive factor for resolving the outstanding problems between Erbil and Baghdad, which are now being negotiated between the two sides?[/size]
    [size=45]Fuad Hussein: Yes, in fact, the President of the Kurdistan Region, Mr. Nechirvan Barzani, has close relations with the current Prime Minister and with political officials from the political forces in Baghdad, and it is important that these relations exist, as well as that there are continuous visits. The Kurdistan Region, who was in Baghdad a week ago, as well as officials and leaders of Kurdish parties, have continuous visits to Baghdad and hold meetings. These personal relationships at the political level have a positive effect, so Nechirvan Barzani can definitely play an important role in Baghdad because he has good relations with officials in Baghdad. .[/size]
    [size=45]* Now the Kurdistan Regional Government is conducting a dialogue with the government in Baghdad about the general budget for the year 2023. How was the issue of the Kurdistan Region's oil dealt with, was it according to the Federal Court's decision to hand over oil revenues to Baghdad, or to deduct the imports that the Kurdistan Region gets from its share in the budget.[/size]
    [size=45]Fuad Hussein: Several opinions and directions were discussed, and the issue of the budget is under discussion, not only with regard to the region, but also regarding Iraq in general. We will hold several meetings upon our return within the framework of the Economic Council and within the framework of the state coalition as well, and one of the issues that will be raised is the budget law. How will this matter be resolved in relation to the discussions and the negotiation process between the representatives of the Kurdistan Region and the federal government. But I know one thing.. The issue will be resolved, because both sides want a solution, and the issue of the budget is important, because when the budget is accepted, it will turn into a law, and when it becomes a law, it will require its implementation. This means that the decision taken by the government leads to the solution of this law to the problem and that the law Budgeting will solve the problem.[/size]
    [size=45]* How much will the Kurdistan Region share from the general budget for the year 2023?[/size]
    [size=45]Fuad Hussein: We do not know, because we do not yet know how much the size of the general budget will be, but with regard to the percentage that they are talking about, the percentage in the Iraqi Ministry of Planning is 14%, and on the basis of this percentage, the Kurdistan Region’s share of the budget is determined at 14%, but This is under discussion because we do not know the size of the general budget yet.[/size]
    [size=45]* Why was 400 billion dinars not sent to the Kurdistan Region?[/size]
    [size=45]Fuad Hussein: There was a problem. Naturally, the decision was issued by the Council of Ministers, three or four weeks ago. After that, a problem arose because the Minister of Finance refused to disburse the amount because she would be legally liable, but a new method has been adopted now, which is that the Ministry of Finance will transfer the amount to the bank. Iraqi Trade (TBI), which will transfer the amount to the Kurdistan Region.[/size]
    [size=45]* when?[/size]
    [size=45]Fuad Hussein: I spoke yesterday or the day before yesterday with the director of the Trade Bank of Iraq, and there is no real problem with that. When I return to the country, I will follow up on this issue, but I spoke yesterday with the official of the Commercial Bank.[/size]
    [size=45]* Mr. Minister, has money been allocated to the Peshmerga forces in the 2023 budget, as Iraqi defense forces?[/size]
    [size=45]Fouad Hussein: The paragraphs that were put forward for discussion, and on which a decision has not yet been taken, solve a number of financial problems between the Kurdistan Region and Baghdad.[/size]
    [size=45]* What about Article 140 of the Constitution, which a committee was formed to activate, as steps in this regard are progressing slowly, at a time when the areas covered by the article are witnessing continuous problems?[/size]
    [size=45]Fuad Hussein: The body concerned with the implementation of Article 140 was frozen and dead in fact, and it no longer existed, whether governmental or parliamentary, and now we are witnessing its gradual rebirth as a result of the political agreement between the Iraqi political forces that formed the current government, an agreement that was included in the program of the Iraqi government, So the steps will start again.[/size]
    [size=45]* When does the committee start its duties?[/size]
    [size=45]Fuad Hussein: The committee was present, but it is not activated.[/size]
    [size=45]Q: Will you activate the committee itself?[/size]
    [size=45]Fuad Hussein: That is the question. Will the same committee be activated by the same people? At that time, it was headed by Mr. Hadi Al-Amiri, I think, and this is something that must be discussed.[/size]
    [size=45]Q: How long will the governor of Kirkuk remain in office?[/size]
    [size=45]Fuad Hussein: One of the sections of the government's program is holding provincial elections, and with the holding of provincial elections, a new governor for Kirkuk will definitely be chosen, and this government's program must also stipulate holding local elections this year.[/size]
    [size=45]Q: Will it be conducted in Kirkuk as well?[/size]
    [size=45]Fuad Hussein: In all governorates, yes.[/size]
    [size=45]* Will it be conducted in October?[/size]
    [size=45]Fuad Hussein: This is a suggestion.[/size]
    [size=45]* Do you need preparations?[/size]
    [size=45]Fuad Hussein: The law exists and was approved by parliament earlier, and the problem is not related to it. We need preparations and knowledge of what will happen to the Electoral Commission, and based on that, a decision will be taken on the date.[/size]
    [size=45]Q: Are you satisfied with the steps to implement the State Administration Coalition Agreement so far?[/size]
    [size=45]Fuad Hussein: The government was formed about two months ago, and what I see is that this government is serious about committing to its program first, and implementing it second. Often agreements or a program of action were reached without implementation, but what I see is that this government is trying in an organized way to implement its program.[/size]
    [size=45]* I return to the situation in the Kurdistan Region. The problems between the Kurdistan Democratic Party and the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan are exacerbating instead of heading towards a solution, and as you know, the ministers of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan are not currently participating in the meeting of the Kurdistan Region Council of Ministers. Our question: Why did these problems exacerbate and not be resolved?[/size]
    [size=45]Fuad Hussein: I do not wish to delve into the roots of this issue, but I would like to point out something, which is the need to solve these problems. Perhaps it is not radical, but there must be a unified position. In the absence of a unified position in Kurdistan and Baghdad and in various fields, it is natural that the situation in the Kurdistan Region will witness further weakness, but these problems must be resolved. Certainly there are problems that must be discussed, and I see that what they did not talk about previously has become an issue for discussion now, and therefore we must reach the stage in which we address these problems, at least those that contribute to unifying the position of the political forces and the Kurdistan Regional Government, as it is not acceptable to To be a minister and not stay at your place of work, and to be responsible without assuming responsibility.[/size]
    [size=45]* The President of the Kurdistan Regional Government, Masrour Barzani, confirmed the same thing in his interview with the media, and expressed his readiness to sit at the dialogue table to solve problems, and the President of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, Pavel Talabani, published a statement calling for dialogue as well. Do you think that the atmosphere is suitable for dialogue?[/size]
    [size=45]Fuad Hussein: The media must also create an atmosphere for the two parties to meet, because in fact he was in crisis. It is clear that there is flexibility in positions after the recent statements, which is a good thing, and the next step is to hold a meeting, whether within the framework of the political forces, and I am now talking about the Kurdistan Democratic Party and the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, or within the framework of Parliament, but with regard to the government, the ministers must initiate Their work, and to raise problems in the Council of Ministers, as far as the government is concerned, and those related to political forces in the meeting of political forces, but the best solution is to discuss them in Parliament, which is clearly facing problems as well.[/size]
    [size=45]* Is there any dialogue between the two parties, especially since you have frequented the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan and met with Pavel Talabani during his visits to Baghdad?[/size]
    [size=45]Fuad Hussein: I meet him when he visits Baghdad. We met a while ago, and I have constant communication with all parties, and there is no other way but dialogue, but there is no dialogue that includes an agenda at the present time, except that I am ready for dialogue if I deem it necessary, or if I am asked to do so, because it is an important matter for both the Kurdistan Region, And for Iraq as well[/size]
    [size=45]Our last question. Five citizens of the Kurdistan Region were killed in Turkey. What is the State Department's position on the incident?[/size]
    [size=45]Fuad Hussein: We issued a statement directly, demanding the formation of a joint investigation committee between Iraq and Turkey, and handing over the results of the investigation into the incident to the Iraqi government, and the Iraqi embassy in Ankara is in contact with the Turkish government.[/size]
    [size=45]Interviewer: Sankar Abdul Rahman - Rudaw Media Network[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 3:16 am