Savoy Cabbage and Turnips
Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Curly-leaved savoy cabbage, turnip and carrot are combined in this simple sauté of autumn vegetables. The combination makes an ideal bed for seared duck breast.
- Printer Friendly Version
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 turnip, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 head savoy cabbage, about 2 lb., quartered,
cored and sliced crosswise into strips 1/4
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Seared Duck Breast with Pinot Noir Sauce >
Wine PairingThis pairs well with rich, medium-bodied white wines like the John Duval Plexus Blanc Barossa Valley from our Wine Club.
Directions:In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the turnip and carrot and sauté until lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Add the cabbage and sauté until wilted, about 2 minutes. Stir in the stock, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered, until the cabbage is tender and most of the cooking liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley. Serve immediately. Serves 6.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma, Entertaining, by George Dolese (Oxmoor House, 2004).
- All About Cabbage