Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Working with Pie Dough

Lobo
    Lobo

Working with Pie Dough Empty Working with Pie Dough

Post by Lobo Mon 04 Jul 2016, 5:25 pm

Working with Pie Dough
    Working with Pie Dough Img41
    Roll out the dough
    Lightly dust a work surface, the dough and the rolling pin with flour. Rolling from the center toward the edges and in all directions, roll the dough into a round 2 to 3 inches larger than your pie dish or pan. 
    Working with Pie Dough Img72
    Turn and lift the dough
    Using a bench scraper or an offset spatula, lift and turn the dough several times as you roll to prevent sticking. Dust the surface and the rolling pin with flour as needed.
    Working with Pie Dough Img34
    Brush off the excess flour
    Carefully roll the dough around the rolling pin, brushing off the excess flour with a pastry brush. Excess flour can make the dough tough.
    Working with Pie Dough Img90
    Line the pan with dough
    Position the rolling pin over a pie dish or pan. Unroll the dough and center it in the dish. Gently press the dough into the bottom and up the sides of the dish, taking care not to pull or stretch it. 
    Working with Pie Dough Img1
    Trim the dough
    If making a single-crust pie (shown here), use a small paring knife or a pair of kitchen scissors to trim the dough, leaving a 3/4-inch overhang.
    Working with Pie Dough Img2
    Create the pie edge
    Roll the overhang under itself to create a high edge on the dish’s rim. Using your index finger and thumb, pinch the dough around the rim to form a f

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 2:51 pm